Nashik to Shirdi Distance

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Shiv, May 10, 2015.

1. Shiv

Shiv Member

I will be traveling to Nashik in August, and I have heard that Shirdi is around that area, I need to know exactly how far Shirdi is from Nashik so I can plan my trip accordingly. I would also like to know if there are any other places which should be visited around that area.

2. Deven

Deven Member

It is about 88km which is around 2 hours, so not too far.

When you say visiting other places around that area do you mean Shirdi or Nashik?

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

I mean Nasik, and I will be back in Nasik after visiting Shirdi.

4. RMidda

RMidda New Member

When you make a trip to Shirdi, it would good to start the trip early, it would give you some good time to be at the mandir and have a look around at the Dixit Wada Museum and Sai Heritage Village.

5. Shiv

Shiv Member

Thanks guys, what about are elora caves?

6. Raffy01

Raffy01 New Member

I think you actually mean Pandavleni Caves, dont you which are in Nasik?

7. Shiv

Shiv Member

What is the best way to travel the Shirdi from Nasik?

8. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The distance between Shirdi and Nasik is about 87.5 kms via the Nasik-Shirdi Road. The distance between them is about 97 kms via the Maharashtra State Highway 30. On average, your travel time will be between 2 to 3 hours, depending on traffic and delays. It's best to choose the Nasik-Shirdi Road route as it's faster and you might reach Shirdi in a shorter time.

There's not much you can visit in Shirdi though. Devotees all over the country visit the place for Sai Baba's Mandir in the area. Aside from that, there's a fewer attractions in the city:
    • Samadhi Mandir of Sai Baba. Initially, this was supposed to be a private residence for Sai Baba. However, as his health started deteriorating, he asked to be laid in this private residence. This is where he had taken his last breath and so his tomb was laid in here. Devotees all over the country visit Shirdi for Sai Baba's Samadhi Mandir.
    • Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Temple. Many devotees choose to spend their night here to enjoy the Darshan. Accommodations can be arranged for within the temple itself, just book in advance.
    • Dwarkamai Masjid. For over 60 years, this is where Sai Baba spent his life. You can find his personal items in here as well.
    • Dixit Wada Museum. You can see pictures of Sai Baba with his devotees in here. Some of the items he used to own are also here.
    When it comes to transportation, you can try:
    • Buses. Private buses operate from Nasik to Shirdi. Fares vary but the cheapest is at Rs. 250 and the most expensive is at Rs. 1,200. Neeta Tours operate a Volvo AC Seater Bus leaving at 2:15 pm and arriving at 4:30 pm. The fare is at Rs. 250.
    • Trains. The Dadar-Sainagar Express Train No. 12131 operates from Nasik to Shirdi. Departure time is 00:55 and arrival time is 3:51. Trains run during Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    • Hired Cabs. This is the most expensive but quickest option. Rates vary but start at Rs. 1,000 and above.
    I hope this helps!

P.S.

Ellora Caves is about 97 kms from Shirdi. Ajanta Caves is about 201 kms from Shirdi. They're a bit further away from Shirdi. If you have the time to spare though, they are worth visiting as well. Make sure you set aside one day for each of them as it can take a while to explore them fully. Good luck!

9. Prits

Prits Member

Shirdi is located relatively close to Nashik, and it's a popular pilgrimage destination. The distance between Nashik and Shirdi is approximately 75-80 kilometers (about 47-50 miles) by road. The travel time can vary depending on the specific route and mode of transportation, but it's typically around 2 to 2.5 hours by car.

While in the Nashik-Shirdi region, there are several other places you can consider visiting:

1. Trimbakeshwar: This ancient and sacred temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas in India. It's located in Trimbak, about 28 kilometers from Nashik.

2. Saptashrungi Devi Temple: Located near Vani, approximately 60 kilometers from Nashik, this temple is dedicated to the goddess Saptashrungi (an aspect of Devi). It's situated on a hill and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.

3. Pandavleni Caves: These ancient Buddhist caves, also known as Pandu Lena Caves, are located in Nashik. They date back to around the 1st century BCE and are an interesting historical and archaeological site.

4. Sula Vineyards: If you enjoy wine and wine-tasting, Sula Vineyards in Nashik is a popular destination. You can take a tour of the vineyard and sample some of the region's wines.

5. Coin Museum: Nashik is home to the Indian Institute of Research in Numismatic Studies, which houses a coin museum. It's an interesting place to explore the history of coinage in India.

6. Bhandardara: This is a serene hill station near Nashik, known for its natural beauty and the Arthur Lake. It's about 70 kilometers from Nashik and offers a tranquil retreat.
    These are just a few of the attractions you can explore in the Nashik-Shirdi region. The area is known for its religious significance, historical sites, and natural beauty. Make sure to plan your trip according to your interests and the amount of time you have available.

10. Prits

Prits Member

The Ellora Caves are indeed a notable and historically significant site located near Aurangabad, which is not far from Nashik. The Ellora Caves are a series of rock-cut caves and temple complexes that date back to ancient times and are renowned for their architectural and artistic beauty.

Ellora Caves are approximately 150-160 kilometers from Nashik, and the drive usually takes around 3-4 hours, depending on the road conditions. These caves are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and are a popular tourist destination in the region.

The Ellora Caves can be divided into three main groups:

1. Buddhist Caves (Caves 1-12): These caves, dating from the 5th to 7th centuries, contain monasteries and prayer halls adorned with intricate carvings and sculptures.

2. Hindu Caves (Caves 13-29): These caves, constructed between the 7th and 8th centuries, are dedicated to various Hindu deities, with grand sculptures and architectural features.

3. Jain Caves (Caves 30-34): These caves, built between the 9th and 11th centuries, are adorned with exquisite Jain carvings and depictions of Tirthankaras.
    The Ellora Caves provide a remarkable glimpse into India's ancient history, art, and religious diversity. Exploring the site can take several hours, so it's recommended to plan your visit accordingly and appreciate the intricate craftsmanship and historical significance of these caves. It's a fantastic day trip from Nashik if you have the time and interest in ancient Indian art and culture.