1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest Metro Station to India Gate

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by JJay, Jul 7, 2016.

1. JJay

JJay New Member

I am in Delhi and thinking of spending some time going to the famous places here. I think the best way to travel around Delhi is by Metro. There air conditioning and no traffic.

The only issue if knowing which station is closest to which place of interest. My first place of interest is India Gate, so I need to know which is the nearest metro station to India Gate, I would then work my way around from there.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here are the nearest metro stations in Delhi to the India Gate:
    • The first one is the Central Secretariat Metro Station. This is just about 3.9 kms to the India Gate. It is on the yellow line although the violet line links it to Badarpur. It is also very near the Secretariat Building, Krishi Bhavan and Parliament Building. You can walk to the India Gate or ride an auto-rickshaw for about Rs. 30 to Rs. 40.
    • The second one is the Pragati Maidan Metro Station. This is just about 2.8 kms from the India Gate. It is on the blue line of the station. It is also very near to the ITO Office and the Supreme Court. You can walk to the India Gate for 6 minutes or just ride an auto-rickshaw.
    • The third one is the Barakhamba Metro Station. This is about 3 kms from the India Gate. It is also on the blue line of the station. It is very near the Statesman House. From the station, it's a 6-minute walk to reach the India Gate.
    • The last one is the Race Course Metro Station. This is about 2.9 kms from the India Gate. It is on the yellow line of the station. The Race Course Road is very nearby the station. You can walk from the station, about 4 minutes, to reach the India Gate. Otherwise, you can ride an auto-rickshaw for convenience.
    I hope this helps!

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

As soon as you come out of the Central Secretariat metro station you will first come to the boating area which is another attraction at India Gate. The boating area is actually right at the other end of the India, so it is a good stroll from the metro station towards India Gate. You will see a lot of vendors who sell food items, jewelry, toys etc on your way towards India Gate and more during the evening time when the crowd increases.

map indigate.jpg

If you wish to skip the walk from the Central Secretariat metro station towards India Gate then the nearest metro station would be Khan Market which is on the violet line. The walk from Khan Market to India Gate is around 2.2km, around 7-8 minute walk.

Below is an image which shows the a map of the nearest metro stations to India Gate.

4. ShamsherS

ShamsherS New Member

I am traveling from Punjab to Delhi for some work regarding my visa. I will be with some friends and we would later like to go and see India Gate.
    We have decided we would travel within Delhi by metro and so now need to know how to reach Inda Gate by Metro?