1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Day Picnic Spots Near Pune

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by AnilGaba, Jul 5, 2016.

1. AnilGaba

AnilGaba New Member

I would like to find out what places are there which are ideal for one-day picnic spots near Pune. I am ideally looking for something close and not too far out when I mean near Pune anything which is maybe an hour away from Pune and not further than that.

The picnic spot should be suitable for adults as well as kids for all ages as we will be a group of around 12 people along with their families.

The whole idea is to take food along with us to the picnic, but if there are eating places near by that would be a bonus.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's some places near Pune you can visit for a picnic, they're all under 100 kms away:

• Lavasa. From Pune, this is just about 57 kms away. You can reach it in an hour or less. Lavasa is said to abide by the eco-friendly regulations of new urbanism. The city offers the best infrastructures, leading non-polluting industries and even great quality educational institutions. They have this Children's Garden Park where there are slides and other forms of entertainment for kids. The city is also surrounded by the Varasgaon Dam's water. The Varasgaon Lake is also a popular picnic spot in here. There are plenty of lakeside retreats and restaurants you can choose from. Otherwise, you can just bring your own food and enjoy the scenery from the lake.
    • Kamshet. This is just about 45 kms away from Pune. You can reach it in less than an hour drive. You can find many ancient temples and forts in here. The main tourist attractions here are the sports activities like paragliding and trekking. However, there's also the Vadivale Lake here which is an amazing spot for a picnic. It is a manmade lake through the backwaters of the Uksan Dam. You'll find plenty of guest houses here as it's a pretty popular destination. You can also just pitch a little picnic spot near the lake and enjoy eating with the scenery.
    • Lonavala. This is about 67 kms from Pune. You can reach it in an hour's time or maybe a bit more. There's lots of picnic spots here. The first one is the Ryewood Park & Shivaji Udyan, it is a very spacious garden, with plenty of trees that make it a perfect spot for a picnic. There's also a swing in the garden which kids adore. There's also an ancient Shiva Temple inside that you can visit. Then, there's the Lonavala Lake. This dries up during the winter months though. However, the views from the lake are quite beautiful. There's also the Tungarli Lake, the source of water for the people of Lonavala. It's also a great spot for a picnic. There's also the Imagica Theme Park, where kids can enjoy rides and you can have some tasty meals from the theme park itself.
    I hope this helps!