1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One month India itinerary advice

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Eliza0812, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Eliza0812

Eliza0812 New Member

Hi

We are coming to India for a friend’s wedding in Delhi, for first one week we will be at grooms place for marriage and after that we have around 3 weeks for ourselves. Can somebody suggest us where to go and what to do? We want to avoid crowded and tourist places and would love to see old monuments and building, we might like to spend 2-3 days on beach and 2-3 days in hills too. We have 1 small kid too so adventure is not required at all.

Thanks
    Eliza

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

A bit of a late reply but I am sure it would help future visitors.

As you would be in Delhi, you could go to Mussoorie for the 2-3 days you planning for hills. Go for the Golden triangle tour and may be add Udaipur as well because you have got plenty of days.

While you are at Agra I would highly recommend going to Fatehpur Sikri and also Bharatpur bird sanctuary.

After the golden triangle tour, you can fly to Goa for a few days for the beach part.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Since you're staring from Delhi, I'm going to begin the itinerary there as well. Here it is:

Day 1-2: Delhi. Visit the temples here, Lotus Temple and Akshardham Temple. Then you can also visit the Red Fort, which is a major tourist destination in Delhi. Don't forget the Taj Mahal as well. Also, consider trying out the local cuisine in Delhi, it's a must to try the dishes here.

Day 3: Haridwar. Visit the temples during the day and at night, witness the Ganga Aarti.

Day 4-5: Chandigarh. Taste the cuisines in here and explore the tourist destinations.

Day 6: Rest Day

Day 7: Overnight train to Jaipur

Day 8-9: Jaipur. Visit the Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal and Jaigarh Fort.

Day 10: Travel to Mumbai

Day 11-17: Explore Mumbai. Consider visiting the Taj Mahal Hotel and the Elephanta Island. There's also the Chowpatty Beach which you can visit here. Or explore further areas like Pune and Aurangabad.

Day 18: Travel to Goa

Day 19-26: Explore Goa's lesser crowded beaches like Palolem Beach. Or maybe travel further to Karnataka to visit the beaches of Agonda and Karwar. Lastly, explore the backwaters of Kerala by renting a boat house.

That's about it... I left some days in excess because you never really know when delays can happen. So it's better to have some excess days in your itinerary. Plus, these days can be used for shopping as well.

I hope this helps!