1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

India 3 months itinerary

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by karaokehog, Mar 13, 2015.

1. karaokehog

karaokehog New Member

Hi all

This is going to be my second trip to India, in my previous trip I completely missed South India as I was on a very tight and strict schedule but this time I want to compensate for my previous visit. This time I plan to travel from south to north and this is the itinerary which I got in my mind:

Start from Tiruchirappalli >> Puducherry >> Madurai >> Kerala >> Ooty >> Mangalore >> Hampi >> Goa >> Mumbai >> Ajanta and Ellora >> Udaipur >> Jodhpur >> Jaisalmer >> Jaipur >> Agra >> Delhi >> >> Dharamsala >> Jammu >> Srinagar >> Leh >> Manali >> Delhi

Now my questions are:

1. Do you think I can do it in 3 months without rushing?
    2. Is it OK itinerary to follow or it needs some changes, please suggest if any changes are required.
    3. Please suggest if I am missing any must visit city/place.

Thank you all for helping me :)

2. Jigar

Jigar New Member

Your first question all depends on how long you intend to spend at each destination. Although with only a few days in each destination I think you can manage the trip in three months or slightly over.
    The itinerary seems fine, although you have Delhi mentioned twice in it, what you could do is get a train straight past Delhi and make a stop over at Chandigarh and see the place there as well. This will give you an extra destination.

3. Major

Major New Member

On your way to Dharamshala from Delhi you should also make a stop over to Amritsar to see the Golden Temple (Sikh Temple).

4. Chrisanswer

Chrisanswer New Member

Yes, you should definitely see the Golden Temple, but overall your trip looks pretty good. Anyone who has seen my comments on here knows I'm a huge fan of the south of India and you'll have a great time. As the previous poster said, it depends on how long you wish to spend at each location.

5. Md. Irfan

Md. Irfan New Member

You haven't included tourist spots of Uttarakhand such as :Mussoorie, Haridwar and Dehradun . You seem to be missing out hill stations of Uttar Pradesh as well, places like Nainital or Ranikhet. There are many more to suggest, this itinerary seems inadequate to accommodate all of them.

karaokehog likes this.
  6. karaokehog

karaokehog New Member

@Md. Irfan Thanks for the suggestion but I do have Ooty, Manali, Dharamshala, Srinagar and above all Leh in my itinerary. Is there anything at that places you have listed that is not offered at the places I already have in my list?

I understand Haridwar to be of religious importance but I am not into religion that much moreover I have already spent a lot of time at Varanasi so it does not make much sense for me to go to Haridwar which is essentially just the Ganges if I am not wrong.

7. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Perhaps some of the people on the forum who are currently living in India could best guide you in the right direction! I'm envious of having three months to travel! I will be lucky to have around a month, I think - and it's so hard trying to make an itinerary that includes everywhere I want to visit.

8. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

This is a pretty well planned out itinerary. If only I had three months to do it all! Any highlights for each place? What made you come to this conclusion? What are your thoughts for a month long trip to India?

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As others have said, I'm also jealous that the OP is managing to get away to India for three months aswell.

I'd have to spread that amount of holidays out over a period of about six years, nevermind all in one go!

10. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

Hi karaokehog!

This seems like a wonderful itinerary to me. For the amount of time you have in hand (which in itself is massive and I'm so envious of you!), I don't think any more places would be possible to fit in. But as you said you had missed South India completely last time, I was wondering if you wouldn't wish to cover more of it this time. There are many places down South that are beautiful and missing in your list - Kodaikanal, Coorg, Munnar, Connoor, Hampi, Mysore, Alleppey....to name a few. Also, you seem to have given North east and central India a completely miss. North India, too, has a lot more to see than the few you have mentioned. Then again, to see the whole country completely would take a few years!

11. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

As long as you make sure you have strict time limits in each area and that you stick to those limits, I think you should be fine. I'm very jealous of the amount of time that you get to spend in the country (and that it's your second trip!), and I think you'll have plenty of time to see all of the places that you want to see. I also noticed that you have some wonderful places missing from your list, but we can't fit everything in now, can we? I hope you have a wonderful time!