1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Tickets Through Irctc

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Igor, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Igor

Igor New Member

I discovered a website through which we can book train tickets very easily - IRCTC. I hope it is safe to pay through credit card on the site because I have heard of card usage being a bit unsafe on some websites. I am not sure of it and if anyone uses the site for buying tickets please let me know.

2. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

IRCTC is the official online portal of Indian Railways. It's as safe as it gets with respect to online railway ticket booking and payment. It has strict protocols in place, especially in the payment department. So feel free to use your credit cards without fear of getting cheated, as is the case with a lot of online booking portals. Millions of people, including me book railway tickets every single day from the IRCTC website without any problems regarding scams or like. I personally had no major incidents with using my credit card to pay for a railway ticket.

amelia88 likes this.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Sounds like it's reputable - if there was ever any issue with something you had booked through a bank issued credit card, you could always contact your bank and ask to dispute the transaction. I've had to do that before with fraudulent transactions, and most banks are usually quite on top of that sort of thing anyway. But from all reports from AlapanB above me, you shouldn't have a problem!

4. Salman

Salman New Member

It is one of the best websites on the internet as it is popular all over the world. People from all countries make their bookings for train journeys through this website. They also have a courier service in case you want your tickets delivered.