1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overnight Stays At Corbett National Park

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by GinaMax, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GinaMax

GinaMax Member

Going on safari is on my bucket list. The closest thing I can find to my dream seems to be at Corbertt national Park, a wildlife preserve for Tigers. There are hundreds and hundreds of parks, but I can not find many wildlife preserves where you can also spend the night. I guess they do not want to see tourists get eaten by tigers. I like how Corbertt is set up into zones. It seems like it is pretty safe, they tell you right up front which zones are more dangerous. I probably would not go in to the zones for the real wildlife enthusiasts. What is another park similar to Corbertt? Or is it a site in its own?

Admin likes this.

2. violet

violet New Member

There are other parks in India that have camping in the forest. I read about one place called Kipling Camp and it's in Kanha National Park. They have cottages that you can stay in and they also welcome children. They offer tours of the park in the early morning and late afternoon, when the animals are more likely to be walking around.

GinaMax likes this.

3. JoJo

JoJo New Member

I would love to go on a safari but don't fancy getting eaten by a tiger. I like violet's idea of staying in a cottage where it's rather safe. Lions and tigers and bears. Oh my!!

4. Ranthambore National Park in Rajasthan is another great national park for safaris. They even have a resort known as Aman-I-Khas resort inside the national park. The resort has bonfire nights and other camping activities during the night. And the best thing about it is that it is a tent resort.

GinaMax likes this.
  5. GinaMax

GinaMax Member

I love bonfires, we just had one over the weekend. I was raised on tent camping, so that is what I know best. I know not everyone likes that, some people want a bed under them. I am lucky to be in good health at my age, so sleeping on the ground does not bother me at all. I do like a nice cot though, but that mostly applies where there are poisonous snakes.

6. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

The Corbett Tiger Reserve definitely has accommodations for an overnight adventure. They also offer elephant rides and a trip to the Corbett Museum. There's also Dhikala Forest Rest House where one can drop by for a nature walk. Places like this promote the appreciation for nature and wildlife so tourists must also follow the rules and policies when staying at the reserve to avoid any casualties and to enhance any learning experience one will surely get from the excursion.

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

The Jim Corbett National Park has different zones: Bijrani, Jhirna, Dhela, Durga and Dhikala. Out of these five zones, the Dhikala Zone has the largest area and variation in fauna. The Dhikala Forest Lodge is also located here. The lodge here offers quite comfortable rooms for guests. It's not as luxurious as other resorts or hotels but it can give you the experience of staying in the jungle. The lodge is operated by the forest department of the park. You would need to book the room at least two months in advance. Vegetarian meals are served as well in the lodge.

I think the Jim Corbett National Park is the only one that offers such experience. Other accommodations are available in other parks but not inside the reserve specifically. However, here's a list of other parks that have some accommodation for guests:
    • Blackbuck National Park in Velavadar - This is a park primarily for antelopes. The park has a bungalow operated by the forest department that tourists can stay in. Advanced booking should be done though. They have AC Rooms for Rs. 1,500 per night and Non-AC Rooms for Rs. 500 per night. If you're in a budget, you can opt for the dormitory room for Rs. 50. Tented accommodations are at Rs. 200 per night. Rates are different for foreigners.
    • Buxa Tiger Reserve in West Bengal - You can find tigers, elephants and Indian bisons here. The forest department here has different bungalows in the different areas of the park. In South Ridak, there's a Heritage Rest House that tourists can stay in. In Buxaduar and Jainti, there are dormitory rooms that guests can stay in.
    • Gorumara National Park in West Bengal - This park is primarily known for its rhinoceroses. There's a rest house inside the park with a watch tower.
    • Keeled National Park in Bharatphur- This is the home to about 366 birds species and 379 flowers species. There are two accommodation options in the park. The Bharatpur Ashoka Forest Lodge has about 16 rooms for guests. There's also the Shanti Kuntir which has more budget options for guests.
    • Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary in Valparai - The endangered Bengal tiger can be found here. There's a large tourist complex as well here. It has rooms, dormitories and cottages for guests.
    • Khangchendzonga National Park in Sikkim - Several animals like the snow leopard, musk deer and Himalayan tahr can be found here. There's also four rest houses here with 20 beds for guests.
    I hope this helps!