1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packed Lunch From Hotels?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Igor, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Igor

Igor New Member

I have read about food in India being very hot and spicy. I was thinking of getting lunch packed when I go out sightseeing. Is there a provision in hotels to provide packed lunches? I will give instructions to keep the food free of too many spices, something that I may not be able to do once I am out sightseeing.

2. swalia

swalia Guest

Most of the hotels provide this facility. You can check with the hotel where you are staying. Alternatively, you can also give the same instructions to wherever you are stopping over for food.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I'm sure some larger hotels would have something like this. A lot of the time they have western foods on their menus too, so I would imagine there would be some way to get a packed lunch to take with you if spicy food isn't your thing! :)

4. Elaine

Elaine Member

I am pretty sure most of the hotels offer the option of packed lunches. Otherwise, street food is also amazing in India. You can definitely find some options that are not so spicy.

5. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Yeah, most of the hotels provide these facilities.

6. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Indian food can be very spicy, but not all food is spicy. Your hotel would likely accommodate you, but they could also provide you a number of restaurants to visit which would cater to your needs as well. It would be a shame to visit India and not partake of their cuisine. There are so many dishes which can be prepared so many ways. It makes me hungry just thinking of them. So, yes, your hotel can solve this problem, but don't be too afraid of trying the local fare. It would be hard to avoid it, too, since just about everywhere has food being sold, and it smells wonderful.

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I think you can certainly ask your hotel accommodation to do this for you. Make sure to inform them beforehand, maybe even the day you check in to your hotel or if you can, before you check in as well. I think they can make the adjustments you would want for your food as well.

That being said, it's also quite easy to ask restaurants to adjust the spiciness of your meals. We've done this a couple of times and most restaurants adhere to our requests if it's not a busy day in the place. If you ask politely, I'm not sure why they won't adhere to your requests.

8. LMackey

LMackey New Member

That's a great question Igor. I've never thought to have the hotel pack a lunch when visiting places. My partner is not big on really spicy food either, so that's something I should put on my list to remember when we visit.