1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packing Properly For The Weather

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Isafab, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Isafab

Isafab New Member

I want to limit my baggage to the absolute minimum, so I need to know what we're really talking about in terms of monsoon weather. Do I need a raincoat, umbrella, and boots? Or can I get away with a light waterproof jacket? I just don't know how wet I'm going to get!

2. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

For monsoon weather you need raincoat and boots.

amelia88 likes this.

3. JManara

JManara Member

I would definitely bring a raincoat and rain boots during monsoon weather. If you are traveling by car or bus it should be good with just the raincoat and boots. Even better would be to avoid going there at that time of year. I'm not sure how good of a scenic trip it would be with constant rain.

4. Isafab

Isafab New Member

Okay, thank you for letting me know. I was picturing afternoon rainstorms that blow through and you dry off afterwards. Sounds like you don't get to dry off. I will definitely bring the necessary rainwear.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

If you don't bring them though, are they pretty easy to obtain from say a local store? I hate bringing stuff that's big/bulky and would honestly prefer to buy that stuff there and then perhaps donate it or just give it to someone when I'm leaving (we don't really get heavy rains where I'm from!)

Hopefully they're easy enough to just buy over there, but if someone knows and can let me know that would be much appreciated!

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well as others have mentioned planning for the rain is somewhat tricky. When I went I expected the worst, heard about middle of the road when it came to the forecast, and got nothing. I packed two big rain coats and had a bunch of other gear that just went to complete waste, but I guess that it was better than if it would have been the other way around. The best thing you can do is the best you can at planning ahead and being prepared.

7. Maple

Maple New Member

I would think they'd be easily obtainable there. I love your idea about donating rain gear before you leave! I hate packing heavy, bulky items and we love to donate so it would be a win-win situation.

amelia88 likes this.
  8. tomservo

tomservo New Member

This is really good to know. I also like to bring some basics with me that work well in almost all climates: jeans, hiking boots, leather jacket, long sleeve thermals...