1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Visit in Sikkim in December

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by Sudhir, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Sudhir

Sudhir New Member

I am visiting Sikkim in December hoping to cover the majority of Sikkim or at least the popular places. As my visit will be in December which I know is a cold time of the year and when it snows it may prevent me from going to some places.

I would like to know what places to visit in Sikkim in December so that I can arrange my time in Sikkim accordingly. I don't mind the snow. It is just I don't want to plan to visit some place in Sikkim and find out that I can not go there due to some weather conditions.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Sudhir

Visiting in Sikkim during December is perfect for people who despise crowds and busy areas. Although December can be cold and flowers won't be in bloom, you can still visit a lot of places in Sikkim during this time. Here's a list of the best places to visit in Sikkim during this time:

• Tsomgo Lake. Located about 38 kms away from Sikkim, this is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the place. The good thing is, since you're visiting in December, it won't be as crowded as it is not peak season. This is located in one of the highest hill stations in the world and it's majestic to see during the winter time.
    • Lachen. Located in North Sikkim, visit Gurudongmar Lake which offers picturesque views in the winter.
    • Lachung. Again located in North Sikkim, visit the Lachung Gompa. Monastery and Village.
    • Yumthang Valley. Snowcapped valleys that look amazing in the winter.
    I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!