1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quickest way to get to Katra from Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by Jigar, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Jigar

Jigar New Member

I have a four day holiday in which I want to make a pilgrim trip to Katra (Viashno Devi). I have previously been in a car with a few friends which was OK as we took turns in driving, but this time I am traveling on my own so I think the long drive would not be good. Please suggest the quickest and also less tiring way to get to Katra from Delhi. Take into consideration that I will be walking up to the mandir and that I only have four days of holidays.

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

getting a train would be the best option!

take the train which runs in night and then by the late morning you will be at katra.. 4 days are enough!

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

In my opinion going by train is the best option, it would be comfortable and also take less time. If you take a bus it would tiring for you as you only have four days holiday there would not be any time for you to rest before you start your pilgrim.

4. Rahul

Rahul New Member

If your budget would allow you the quickest way to get to Katra would be via plane and car. From Delhi you need to get a plane to Jammu, and from Jammu you hire a taxi to Katra. The total journey time would take three and a half hours.