1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jammu to Katra taxi fare

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by DTripati, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DTripati

DTripati New Member

I have a train journey booked from Delhi to Jammu for myself and my mother. Our train arrives at night in Jammu, and we would stay in Jammu for the night.
    Our main destination is Katra Vaishno Devi, so from Jammu, we need to get to Katra. Both of us are not fans of traveling in a bus, so we are considering getting a taxi.

We would like to find out what the Jammu to Katra taxi fare would be so that we can prebook the taxi before our journey starts from Delhi.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of different taxi companies and their rates for the Jammu to Katra route:

1. Katra Taxi Services - They have different types of taxis that you can hire. You only need to pay the downpayment of Rs. 400 and pay the rest of the fare when the driver picks you up. Here are their rates from the Jammu Railway Station to Katra:
    • Indica - Rs. 1,200 for Non AC and Rs. 1,500 for AC.
    • Swift - Rs. 1,400 for Non AC and Rs. 1,600 for AC.
    • Ikon - Rs. 1,500 for Non AC and Rs. 1,600 for AC.
    • Tavera - Rs. 1,600 for Non AC and Rs. 1,700 for AC.
    These are all one-way fares. They also have rates for a two-way trip from Jammu Railway Station to Katra and back:
    • Indica - Rs. 2,100 for Non AC and Rs. 2,500 for AC.
    • Swift - Rs. 2,300 for Non AC and Rs. 2,600 for AC.
    • Ikon - Rs. 2,300 for Non AC and Rs. 2,600 for AC.
    • Tavera - Rs. 2,500 for Non AC and Rs. 2,900 for AC.
    Here are the contact details of the company:
    • Address - Katra Taxi Service, 141/1 Bakshi Nagar, Jammu, 180002, Jammu & Kashmir.
    • Contact Number - +91 9650 1499 79.
    2. Northway Travels - They also have different rates for different types of cabs. Here they are, either from Jammu Airport or Jammu Railway Station to Katra:
    • Indica - Rs. 1,100 for Non AC and Rs. 1,200 for AC.
    • Swift - Rs. 1,200 for Non AC and Rs. 1,300 for AC.
    • Dezire - Rs. 1,300 for Non AC and Rs. 1,400 for AC.
    • Tavera - Rs. 1,500 for Non AC and Rs. 1,700 for AC.
    These are all one-way fares. They also have rates for a two-way trip from Jammu Airport or Jammu Railway Station to Katra and back:
    • Indica - Rs. 2,100 for Non AC and Rs. 2,300 for AC.
    • Swift - Rs. 2,300 for Non AC and Rs. 2,400 for AC.
    • Dezire - Rs. 2,300 for Non AC and Rs. 2,500 for AC.
    • Tavera - Rs. 2,500 for Non AC and Rs. 2,700 for AC.
    • Address - No. 72 First Floor, Rani Talab Road, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir 180010.
    • Contact Number - +91 9070 444446.
    3. Car Rental Jammu - They also have different rates for different types of cabs. The rates published on their site are only for two-way trips from Jammu to Katra and from Katra to Jammu:
    • Indica - Rs. 2,200 for Non AC and Rs. 2,400 for AC.
    • Innova - Rs. 3,600 for AC.
    • Tavera - Rs. 2,800 for Non AC and Rs. 3,200 for AC.
    • Address - 57-A, II Extension, Near Apple Kids School, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu, 18004.
    • Contact Number - +91 94192 81588.
    There you go. These are the only companies that I was able to find. I hope this helps.

3. clair02

clair02 New Member

I am also trying to get a rough idea of the taxi fare prices around the big cities in India. I will not be hiring a car when I go there because I might have a bit of trouble getting around an unfamiliar city, not to mention that the driving laws might be a bit different from what I'm used to. So I have decided that when I visit India I will be using mostly taxis to get around. I 'm not sure if we will be able to get around on the trains and buses without getting lost.