1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheraton New Delhi

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by paudu, Jan 28, 2016.

1. paudu

paudu Member

We finally got the hotel information from my husband's work and it is the Sheraton New Delhi. It looks nice from what I see online. I just wondered if anyone could give me the local perspective - is it known as a good hotel? Is it easy to get to places for dining, shopping, etc., or do you have to get a taxi?

2. Voyager

Voyager New Member

I will be staying at the Sheraton too when I arrive in India next month. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and most of them were good including rooms and food. It seems to be well located too which is a big plus for me.

3. JManara

JManara Member

It looks like most reviews as Voyager mentioned are good. It sounds like a pretty standard hotel from all the write ups on the different hotel review sites.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It is one of the best five star properties in and around Delhi and its location makes it easier to get to different tourist attractions across Delhi. Food at their restaurants is world famous especially the Bukhara restaurant.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there and welcome to the forum!

The Sheraton Hotel in New Delhi is a five-star luxury hotel. It is probably one of the most well-known hotels in the city. They're well-known for their hospitality as their staff are sure to greet you warm welcomes once you enter the hotel. In fact, most of the praises about this hotel is about their warm and friendly employees. So you're quite assured that they will give you their best to fulfil your requests.

The other good thing about the hotel is, it's quite far from the hustle and bustle of the city. It's not far enough that it's hard to reach the restaurants and the shopping areas but just enough to escape the noise. You can easily access some of the main city attractions through walking from the hotel. These are some of the shopping areas near the Sheraton in Delhi:
    • Select City Walk - This is a premier shopping mall located in Saket District. It's about 400 metres away from the hotel or 5 minutes of walking. This mall has over 500 Indian and international brands of clothes. It also has a food court and several other restaurants in the hotel. You can also find a cinema theatre inside the mall.
    • Southern Park - This is just 350 metres from the hotel. It's also a mall in the Saket District. It has about 5 floors filled with retail space and on the ground floor are restaurants.
    • DLF Place - This is about 230 metres from the hotel. This is another mall with some retail stores and restaurants. Brands like Debenhams and Marks & Spencer can be found here.
    • DLF The South Court Mall - This mall is about 500 metres from the Sheraton Hotel. It carries some higher end brands of apparels and clothing items. It also has a number of restaurants in the mall. You can also shop for jewelries here.

Then, here are some restaurants near the Sheraton Hotel:
    • Barbeque Nation - This is in DLF Place Mall. It's only about 140 metres from the hotel. They serve North Indian, Mediterranean and Continental cuisines. Try out their Mutton Kebabs and Paneer Tikka.
    • The Big Chill - This is also in DLF Place Mall and is just about 260 metres from the hotel. They have Italian and Continental cuisines. But the real winner here is their desserts. Try out their New York Cheesecake and Mississippi Mud Pie.
    • Dhaba by Claridges - This is about 210 metres from the hotel. They have North Indian cuisines here. Their Malai Chicken Tikka is tender, it almost melts in your mouth.
    • Rrala's Habibi - This is about 650 metres from the hotel. They have Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. Their Shawarma Roll is a must try.
    • Continental Dhaba - This is about 6.3 kms from the hotel. They have North Indian cuisines. Try out their rolls, my favourite is the Chicken Roll. But their Butter Chicken is worth tasting too!

So as you can see, some of the commercial areas are very near the hotel. You might need to ride an auto to reach them. I hope this helps.

:)

6. MissT

MissT New Member

The Sheraton Hotel is a five star hotel and that should tell you everything you need to know about how the service will be. That is the peak of luxury. You will most likely have an amazing time. As for transport from the hotel, you will never have any problems no matter what time of day or night.