1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shimla To Spiti Route

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Mangat, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Mangat

Mangat New Member

I am driving from Punjab to Shimla and will be in Shimla with some friends for one week. I am interested in also going to Spiti, a place I have not been to before.
    I would like some information about driving there and especially about the Shimla To Spiti route, such as duration, road condition etc.

2. Deven

Deven Member

The road condition from Shimla to Spiti is quite different from the usual routes of driving to hill stations. The terrain is not so easy especially with sometimes getting some extreme weather conditions, so driving towards Spiti would require you to be an attentive and good driver. Otherwise, it is recommended that you hire a taxi to Spiti, which would be much easy and allow you to see some of the surroundings on the way.
    If you do decide to self-drive I would suggest going from the months of June to November.

Another factor to take into consideration is the type of car you take. The car should have some good ground clearance.