1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tailors In Delhi?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Dina, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Dina

Dina New Member

It has been my dream to get a blouse stitched for wearing with saris when I am in India. I will not be wearing too many western outfits when I am there. Does anyone know a good tailor who can stitch me a few blouses?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I do not know any tailors for dresses, but I do know some tips. First, don't think it will be too cheap just because it is India. If you go cheap, you will get cheap. A lot of the shops even run as a scam. They know that a tourist is only there for a short amount of time, and they will not be able to deal effectively with problems. They take the measurements, take a long time to deliver a product that they throw together from the wrong, cheaper material, and say sorry. Most people do not take the time to file charges of follow up, and just chalk it up to a lesson learned. To avoid that mess, ask your hotel for a reputable shop and expect a deal, but not a steal. Pay for quality and honesty. Also, if you can, read up on the sorts of cuts you want, and have some general understanding of the measurements to know if they are doing it right.