1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to see in Delhi?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by ShaliniMetha, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ShaliniMetha

ShaliniMetha New Member

I am going to India with my kids so that I can show them their roots and also they will get a chance to meet with their family.
    My kids are insisting that they want to go Delhi to see it, but from what I remember from last time when visiting Delhi there is not much to see apart from India Gate. It has been ten years since I last visited Delhi so there is a high chance that a lot must have changed regarding things to see and do. I would like to know about what to see in Delhi, so I would get some kind of idea about the trip we would have.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There is a lot more to Delhi than just India gate. There are plenty of threads on this forum about tourist places in and around Delhi if you want to make your own way to each attraction. My advice to you would be to get on the Hop on Hop off bus in Delhi as you won't have to worry about putting together an itinerary as it is pre-set and you don't need to worry about getting a taxi either.

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

It's nice to hear of the HO-HO bus in Delhi. My target destination is Delhi that's why I'm already doing an informal research. I had experienced the Hop On, Hop Off bus in Kuala Lumpur and I'd say it's a good one for tourists. The bus ticket is good for 24 hours and what we did was to get off when we think the station has sone interesting places to show. After roaming, we go back to the station and ride the bus again. The Ho-Ho bus is convenient and comfortable not to mention that it is an economical way to see the city.

4. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Delhi is packed with History. There are enough monuments, museums, memorials and galleries spread across Delhi. The Red fort has a Sound and Light show which one should not miss and there are the Lodi Gardens. Travel by Metro could also be a good experience. Never leave Delhi without tasting their Chole Bhature, Butter Chicken, Biryani and last but not the least Gol Gappe. You may also get to taste curds served in tiny earthenware pots.