1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tawang In April

Discussion in 'Arunachal Pradesh' started by Talking Monkey, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Talking Monkey

Talking Monkey New Member

Hello,

I am Planing to travel alone to Tawang from Guwahati in April.

I will reach from Mumbai to Guwahati , and take ILP from Guwahati after reaching there.

My Plan is

Day 1 - Guwahati to Bhalukpong

Day 2 - Bhalukpong to Dirang

Day 3 - Dirang to Tawang

Day 4 - Tawang

Day 5 - Bumla Pass

Day 6 - Tawang

Day 7 - Tawang to Bhalukpong

Day 8 - Bhalukpong to Guwahati

My plan is to take a Bus from Guwahati to Bhalukpong, Is it available?

From Bhalukpong to Dirang and from Dirang to Tawang by Shared Cab.

I want to know, are shared cabs available from Bhalukpong to Dirang and from Dirand to Tawang, will they halt at Sela pass and other places and what would be the approximate charges?

Also want to know if any one traveling on these dates, so we can share a cab.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you have to ride buses from Guwahati going to Itanagar. These buses pass through Tezpur. Some of the buses I was able to find are:

1. Arunachal Pradesh State Transport Buses - Just go to the Inter-State Bus Terminal of Guwahati and find buses going to Itanagar. Some timings are:
    • Guwahati to Itanagar (D) - Departure time is at 6:00 and buses run daily. Fare is at Rs. 160 per person.
    • Guwahati to Itanagar (N) - Departure time is at 16:30 and buses run Wednesdays. Fare is at Rs. 160 per person.
    2. Private Bus - Private buses also depart at ISBT in Guwahati. One bus operator I was able to find is:
    • Deep Travels (Non-AC) - Departure time is at 7:00 pm and buses run daily. Fare is at Rs. 500 per person.
    From Tezpur, ride a bus going to Seppa which will pass by Bhalukpong. Here is one timing I was able to find:

1. Arunachal Pradesh State Transport Buses - Departs at 6:30 daily, fare is at Rs. 116 per person.

Just remember to drop off at Bhalukpong which is about 56 kms from Tezpur.

Your other option would be to ride a bus going to Balipara. From Balipara, ride a bus going to Bomdila, this will pass through Bhalukpong.

Shared cabs to Dirang are available. However, they only run twice a day, at 6:00 am and at 1:30 pm. So you would need to schedule your trip according to these timings. Fare would be Rs. 450 and above.

There are also direct shared sumos travelling from Tezpur to Tawang. Fare would be between Rs. 750 to Rs. 800. If you'd hire the entire vehicle to yourself, then it's at Rs. 4,500 per day or higher.

Unfortunately, they won't always stop on Sela Pass. It's better to hire your own vehicle so you can enjoy the views on the way to Tawang. You can find other travellers willing to split the bill with you.

I hope this helps!

3. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk Jones New Member

You might want to spend a little longer in Dirang. It's really quite beautiful and Dirang Dzong has homes that represent an architectural achievement. Many have lasted 500 years because they were built in order to keep the houses safe from weather conditions. It's a very special place. I met a woman there who talked to me about politics and space exploration. She kissed me near one of those buildings and walked away and I never saw her again.

Admin likes this.
  4. Nexplore

Nexplore New Member

Thanks Dybbuk for the suggestion. We also plan to visit Tawang next year. We have 3 years old toddler. Is Tawang and Dirang both are safe for toddler ?