1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow in Gulmarg in April

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Ketan, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Ketan

Ketan New Member

A bit early it may sound, but I am already planning my next years holiday, as I like everything to be in order and planned correctly.
    So next year it's time to be in Gulmarg and see the snow.

Seeing the snow is the major point of the trip, so we need to make sure there is snow in Gulmarg in April?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You don't need to worry because there is snow in Gulmarg in the month of April. Make sure you schedule your trip during early April though. Skiing season typically starts from December to early April so you need to set your date during the early weeks of April.

Gulmarg gets the most snow during mid-January to late February. There are also festivals like the Gulmarg Winter Festival and Snow Festival celebrated during these months. So if you can schedule your trip during these months, then you can join these events.

But yes, Gulmarg can be visited all-year round. If you just want high and deep snow, then go in these months I've posted. Enjoy your trip!