1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Indian Beer Market?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by van der Meijs, Oct 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. van der Meijs

van der Meijs New Member

Hey guys and girls,

For my study International Food and Agricultural Business here in the Netherlands I am required to present a study on the beer market in India. The goal is to present a clear (and not too long! ;) ) description of what the beer market in India looks like. Who are the major beer brands and breweries? How popular is consumption of beer in India? Are there laws and/or legislation that prevent or discourage the population form buying beer? etc. etc.

Although general information is always welcome, my focus is on the Kingfisher beer brand. So detailed information about Kingfisher or United Breweries (it's brewer) has my preferation... So basically, I am looking for someone who knows the country and/or the industry well, and who is willing to give me some information about the questions asked above. Anyone who has any information can be of great help to me!... :)

Thanks in advance!!

2. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

Personally, I hate Kingfisher! Haha

I'm not much of a beer person either but if you want to know about the beer market in India, it's pretty demanding. There are many local desi brands some of which I would prefer to Kingfisher any day! You will get to know all the factual details about United Breweries (located in Bangalore, also known as the go-to city for beer) from the internet so I wont share my limited knowledge on that. What I will suggest is that you look into the other brands and check to see which is the preferred one among them. In my acquaintance circle, I have hardly seen people ask for Kingfisher beer. If it isn't an international brand, then most usually go for Charger, Godfather, Flying Horse, Golden Eagle, and others. My preferred desi beer is Godfather. But then I would rather have whisky, lol.