Things to do in Pune

Discussion in 'West India' started by Vaz, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Vaz

Vaz New Member

After my previous thread, I have another question, it would be great if someone could give a rough list of the things one can do in Pune. I don't really mind historical places so please include those as well.

There is no final decision made about the number of days that will be spent in Pune, so mention as many places as you like.

Thanks.

2. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

There is plenty to do in Pune, so here is the list of things to do in Pune:

Aga Khan Palace - This is actually a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it was once the home of Mahatma Gandhi and his wife, Kasturba. The Aga Khan is now open as a memorial to the public.

Explore Shaniwar Wada - This is a 17th-century palace and was the seat of the Peshwa rulers of the Maratha Empire.
    • Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum - This is a museum that has a collection of artifacts and arts from across India and around the world.
    • Walks on Parvati Hill - For the perfect views and walks go to Paravati Hill, which also has some shrines and temples which you can visit.
    • Okayama Friendship Garden - This Japanese garden was a gift from the city of Okayama, Japan. It is a peaceful oasis in the middle of the city.
    • Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park - If you are into animals then take a visit to the zoo to see a variety of different animals.
    • Osho Ashram - This ashram was founded by the spiritual teacher Osho. For some peace from the busy city, you can visit the ashram
      The Sinhgad Fort - An hour away from Pune there is the 17th century fort, the Sinhgad Fort. When visiting the fort it will offer stunning views of the surrounding area.
    • The Pandavleni Caves - These 6th-century caves are located about an hour from Pune. They are home to a number of Hindu and Buddhist sculptures.
    • The Lonavala-Khandala region - The Lonavala and Khandala region is a popular tourist area. It is a popular place for hiking, biking, and picnicking.