1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timings For Aarti At Haridwar

Discussion in 'North India' started by Anita, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Anita

Anita New Member

I will be going past Haridwar, and although I am not much of a religious person I would still like to see the evening aarti which I heard is a must see. I need some important information about aarti in Haridwar.

1. What time does the aarti start?

2. How long before should I be there for the aarti so that I can get a good view and some good pictures?

3. Is there anything else I should see other than the aarti?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I'll try my best to answer your questions:

The Ganga Aarti's schedule depends on the month itself and whether you decide to view it during day time or night time. Here's its time table:

January - 7:10 am and 17:30 pm
    February - 6:45 am and 17:50 pm
    March - 6:10 am and 18:10 pm
    April - 5:35 am and 18:30 pm
    May - 5:15 am and 18:50 pm
    June - 5:20 am and 19:10 pm
    July - 5:25 am and 19:05 pm
    August - 5:35 am and 18:40 pm
    September - 5:55 am and 18:55 pm
    October - 6:10 am and 17:30 pm
    November - 6:25 am and 17:15 pm
    December - 6:50 am and 17:20 pm

If you decide to take the early schedule during the morning, be there at least 45 minutes before the scheduled time. If you decide on the evening schedule, then be there at least 75 minutes before the scheduled time. This way, you can get a good spot and take good pictures as well.

There's the Neel Dhara Pakshi Vihar which is a Bird Sanctuary in Haridwar. Migratory birds visit this place in the winter season. The Doodhadhari Barfani Temple is another one, it's considered as the most elegant temple in Haridwar. The Patanjali Yogpeeth is great for yoga enthusiasts and lovers, thousands of people visit this place every year.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Admin likes this.