1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by integrity101, Apr 23, 2016.

1. integrity101

integrity101 Member

When traveling to India, what other insurance does one need besides the usual medical and maybe comprehensive covers? Are there any strict regulations on insurance cover for foreigners coming to India?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I do not believe there are any required insurance policies. But it can always be a good idea to cover yourself in case of traveling. My credit cards cover me for a pretty good selection of emergencies, so I usually don't need anything else. It can be a good idea to check with your embassy and see if they have recommendations.

3. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

It's a;ways a good idea to get insurance when traveling to other countries. You'll never know what might happen. Also, when going to tropical countries, make sure to get vaccines and stuff before you leave your country, malaria and dengue fever can be contracted in tropical and humid countries. Better safe than sorry, am I right?

4. Maja

Maja Member

It is always advisable to have travel insurance whenever embarking on adventures in and outside of one's country. And it also helps if one has a personal coverage as well. Moreover, make sure that you are prepared in case emergencies happen. I always have my first aid kit with me whenever I travel. I also make a thorough research on the places that I would visit so that I would know what to bring and what I should prepare for.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Here's a few other tips about insurance that you might need when you're travelling in India:
    • Third party insurance for motorcycle rentals.
    • Comprehensive travel insurance must cover medical issues, stolen items and lost items.
    • Read the fine print of your insurance. Some insurance might remove activities like sky diving and parachuting.
    • In the instance that you have some items stolen from you, file a police report and get all succeeding documents. This way, you won't have a hard time reimbursing money from the insurance company.
    You won't have a problem obtaining insurance if you have the proper documents and files. It's always a good idea to get insurance as well to protect yourself and your assets. I hope this helps!