1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling Outside Of Your Native Country?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by rosetoken, Feb 5, 2016.

1. rosetoken

rosetoken New Member

What is it like to leave your country? Is it dangerous, is it weird to see all the different kinds of customs that take place there? And what about if you are in a country and you don't speak its native language is it still a good experience or is it just really awkward?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think sometimes when traveling I have definitely experienced culture shock. Different sights, sounds and smells, people speaking different languages - it can all seem a bit overwhelming at times. But I've also been to other places and felt very much at home, often thinking that I could have been right at home!

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

language can be a barrier, however, it is not a problem when you are traveling to foreign country. There are different sorts guide books and language books available at your disposal. Since tourism is a great revenue generating sector in many countries, the host country and the people are always welcoming and you will have no horror stories to share if you take extra precaution.

4. Rita P

Rita P New Member

Traveling as a foreigner is risky only if you visit places that are known to be hostile. Most people realize that tourism provides jobs and opportunity to earn to the locals and hence they are always welcome. In fact, some countries have a major part of their economy comprising of tourism related activities.

5. Salman

Salman New Member

I feel a bit nervous when I travel outside my country but once I spend a day at the new location and see so many new things I start enjoying myself. Meeting new people is so exciting as compared to meeting and talking to the same people every single day.

amelia88 likes this.
  6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Yes! I love meeting new people. I love learning about their lives in different countries - it's fascinating to me! I always feel like when I travel I learn a lot. I feel like it helps me grow as a person, and it makes me more confident. Those are big benefits to me. I would say that my travels have really shaped me as a person!

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well of course there are dangers and worries and some bad things, but that is just the case with everything and in my experiences the benefits and the adventures and memories, and all of those good things, far outweigh anything negative and it is experiences to be remembered. I wish that it were not so much of an investment for time and money because I would love to see as many different places as I could.

8. grace

grace New Member

Sometimes I think about the dangers of going to a different country with a difference culture and way of thinking than my own. The thought will pass pretty quickly once I'm in the new country because I choose not to dwell on it and would rather enjoy myself. If I let the thought of being somewhere that I don't know the language or how it might be dangerous I'd never go on vacation.