1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling To Fatehpur Sikri From Taj Mahal

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by GaneshCh, Jan 20, 2016.

1. GaneshCh

GaneshCh New Member

I need some information about the Fatehpur Sikri and I have specific questions which I would like answered. The questions which I have are:

1. How far is Fatehpur Sikri from Taj Mahal?

2. Is it worth making a trip to Fatehpur Sikri?

3. What all is there to see there?

4. Is there any decent accommodation in Fatehpur Sikri, or should the stay be in Agra itself?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Road distance is about 40 Kms but it takes about an hours drive on a good day and may take up to an hour and a half is you get caught up between trucks.

Absolutely.

There is a fort with a palace inside and also a tomb of Salim chishti that lots of people visit for religious purposes. One of the gates of Fatehpur sikri is called the Buland darwaza which empror Akbar got built to commemorate his victory over Gujrat and that is one huge gate which people come to see.

Depends what you call decent. There are a number of small hotels but no high-end properties. The only place I have every stayed is at the UP state-run guest house called "Gulistan". They have a bar and food is not so bad either and prices are reasonable. Room quality could be better but it is a treat to have a bon fire lit in the evening and sipping away some beer at night.