1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip To Leh Ladakh Cost

Discussion in 'North India' started by Sujit, Mar 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sujit

Sujit New Member

This summer I want to take my family to Leh Ladakh for a holiday. I have come to learn a lot about Leh Ladakh from the internet and the forum and think it is a suitable holiday destination and should be visited at least once. I am currently living in Delhi and I know the distance is a lot, some 1010km. It is obvious that there would be some stop overs on the way especially as I would be driving myself. Just to have the holiday planned right I would like to get an idea cost for the trip to Leh Ladakh, so I know what kind of expenditure I would be expecting.
    The holiday duration would be 7 days which would be in Leh Ladakh itself, and add another four days for travelling from Delhi to Leh Ladakh and from Leh Ladakh to Delhi.

A breakdown of the costs would be best for me to understand it better so I have put the things which I would like an estimate cost for.

Traveling cost from Delhi to Leh, an idea of the overnight stays during the trip which would be the hotel and food costs.

How many overnight stays do you recommend?

Are oxygen cylinders required? If so how much would it cost to rent one from Leh?

An average cost for a 3 star hotel during the month of June and July.

Is heating required for a hotel room? If yes then what would be the cost for a hotel room with heating?

Average cost for a meal in Leh Ladakh? Are restaurants expensive in Leh Ladakh?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

As for a 3 star hotel, I would expect the cost to be $60 to $80. Meals should be very cheap, but the price will depend on what quality you are going for. There should be restaurants to cover all your needs. Also, several are based out of homes, and offer some great meals at very low cost.

3. Akshay

Akshay Member

The traveling cost from Delhi to Leh would be roughly between Rs8000 to Rs10000, it all depends on the car you have and the mileage it gives. You have not mentioned what kind of hotel you prefer, as you can stay in camps, homestays, and a decent hotel.
    I am going along with your query mentioned later about the 3-star hotel, which you cost you an average of Rs700 - Rs1500 per night. I am also applying the same principal for the food, and per person it would cost Rs300 - Rs400 for a meal.

The number of overnight stays all depends on how you feel about driving and whether you health allows you to carry on with the journey.
    As your journey will start from Delhi, I would suggest Chandigarh, Udhampur, Srinagar, and then Kargil. After Kargil, you can stop at Drass and Alchi.
    If you can manage long drives, then just stay at Chandigarh, Udhampur, Srinagar, and Kargil.

You would not require any oxygen cylinders. It would be best to consult your doctor before your trip who will suggest you suitable medication for the journey.

An average cost for a 3star would be anything between Rs700 - Rs1500.
    You can also have a read of the budget hotels in Leh Ladakh thread for some hotel suggestions.

During the month of June and July heating would not be required.

The cost for a meal all depends on where you dine. It could be a dhaba, a small restaurant or some high-end restaurant. Eating at a dhaba can cost anything from Rs50 to Rs100 per person, a decent restaurant would cost you Rs200 to Rs450 per person and a high-end restaurant more than that.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! To answer your questions:

Traveling cost from Delhi to Leh, an idea of the overnight stays during the trip which would be the hotel and food costs.

• By bus, the price would be from Rs 2,000 to Rs 2,500. By jeep, it's a but more affordable at Rs 1,500. If you rent a private jeep, the cost would be Rs 3,000.
    • The higher end hotels costs range from Rs 5,000 to Rs 7,000. The mid-range hotels range from Rs 1,500 to Rs 2,500. Cheaper hotels range from Rs 500 to Rs 1,000.
    How many overnight stays do you recommend?
    • I would recommend at least a week so you can enjoy your trip to Leh and explore all possible tourist destinations. Otherwise, three to four days would be good enough to squeeze in some more important tourist destinations and activities.
    Are oxygen cylinders required? If so how much would it cost to rent one from Leh?
    • It's not really required to use or buy oxygen cylinders. What you need to do is become acclimatised to the region, so that can take up to one or two days. That's why I also recommended a longer stay in Leh so you can be acclimatised to the region better.
    An average cost for a 3 star hotel during the month of June and July.
    • It can range from Rs 500 to Rs 1,000.
    Is heating required for a hotel room? If yes then what would be the cost for a hotel room with heating?

• During the winter, heating is required to survive in the region. The hotels with heating range from the price of Rs 4,000 to 7,000.
    Average cost for a meal in Leh Ladakh? Are restaurants expensive in Leh Ladakh?
    • The average cost of a meal in Ladakh is from Rs 40 to Rs 500. It depends on which restaurants you choose to eat to.
    I hope this helps!

5. Karan_14

Karan_14 New Member

Hey bro, you may get accommodation as per your need.You need to spend on diesel thats near about 15000 to 20000 and food is somehow economical but ask prize 1st as after that they sometime charge much more money if you fail to agree on a price beforehand so always ask before and yes take jacket handy with you in route as at some places you have to wear and at times you have to take it off.Drive carefully pre-planned and start early everyday.according to me at 6AM if u wanna enjoy in short duration.Have a safe journey