1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leh Ladakh Weather In October

Discussion in 'North India' started by Lokesh, May 4, 2016.

1. Lokesh

Lokesh New Member

Leh Ladakh is a destination which I have been longing to visit, and finally, some plans are being made. The only issue is that the time which I have got off from work is during October.

I know the peak season to visit Leh Ladakh is between May - August, which I can not make. So I have a few questions for travelers out there, so I can rest assure that my trip to Leh Ladakh during October will be okay.

The main issue that I am concerned about is the weather, what is the Leh Ladakh weather in October like?

Will there be any other tourists in Leh Ladakh during October?

2. Akshay

Akshay Member

During October, Leh Ladakh begins to see some snowfall and the weather gets on the colder side.
    Do take note that most hotels and guest house close by October and there are very few that are open.
    When it comes to route from Manali, this is still open during October, but many parts would be covered in snow. The eating places along this route also close during this month.
    One of the plus points is that in October the Diskit festival is held in Leh.

Do not think that the peak season is only during May - August, as many tourists visit Leh Ladakh from September to December, to see the real Leh Ladakh.
    The highest temperatures can reach 14c, and lowest can go to -1c.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

During October, expect the weather in Leh Ladakh to be cooler. During the daytime, it's at 15°C and during the night time, it can fall as low as -1°C. Actually, the best season to visit Ladakh is from early June to early October, so if you can plan your trip during these times. Take the Srinagar-Leh road because it's usually the one open from June to early October.

Some areas within Ladakh are restricted from foreigners and tourists:

• Dah Hanu
    • Pangong Lake
    • Tsomoriri Area
    • Nubia Valley
    You would need permits to see these areas. And yes, there will still be some tourists within Ladakh during the October month. As I've said, early October is peak season so you might see fellow tourists within the area.

I hope this helps!