1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turristic Objectives

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by JusApee, Apr 4, 2016.

1. JusApee

JusApee New Member

Hello! This summer I'm celebrating the 3 yrs. anniversary with my girldfriend, so I decided to take her to India, because she really loves the indian culture. However, I don't know almost anything about places to visit and things to do there. I wanted to ask for your advice.. Is there any romantic place that also has some historical significance, or that it's worth visiting at the same time? Money isn't an issue and I was thinking about taking some kind of tour. Any personal recommendations?
    I'm sorry if I wasn't explicit enough, if you need additional information just ask.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

This really depends if you are interested in natural beauty, architecture, or particular cultures. You could go to Goa for a beach vacation, or visit various temples. Some people like to ride the trains and interact with the locals. There are many options, and you might need to decide a little more of what you want. How long do you plan on staying. That would also limit the things you can see. since India is so varied, it is hard to have the full experience in one go.

3. JusApee

JusApee New Member

I'm planning on staying for around two weeks and that beach vacation sounds good and romantic as well. I'm interested in both natural and architectural beauties. So are there temples around Goa to pay a visit to?

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! Here are some places that I can recommend to you:
    • Agra. Perhaps a picture would best describe this place:
    Agra.jpg

Yup, it's home to the most famous Taj Mahal which is perfect for couples to bask in the amazing beauty of the place.
    • Kovalam. This one is definitely a romantic place for couples. If you want to relax as well as admire the beauty of the beach, then this place is the best for you.
    • Kerala. Take a cruise with the thatched bamboo cargo boat and enjoy the waterways and canals of Kerala.
    • Jaisalmer Rajasthan. The place has old temples and houses which are intimately carved and designed. It is very much a historical place perfect for lovers who want to explore older architectural establishments.
    I hope this helps you and good luck travelling!

5. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

For temples in Goa, I would recommend the Tamdi Surla Mahadev temple. It is one of those typical ruin temples you have seen pictures of, and is worth a visit. Also, for an interesting architecture, the Shantadurga temple is really quite interesting. All in all, goa has some unique sites to see as well as the beaches. It was heavily influenced by the Portuguese, so it has unique aspects not found in the rest of India.

6. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

Is it your first time going to India? If it is then you should go all out tourist on that place. The first place you should visit is the Taj Mahal, it's both romantic and historical. It was built by the monarch for his wife-- great story for a fledgling romance right? :)

7. CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious New Member

I'd like to go out on a limb and say that you should avoid the tourist spots. At least the most major ones. The expats I know usually tell me that the one thing the enjoy the most about India is talking to people, and immersing themselves in the culture. If possible, venture out to a village (with a tourist guide / somebody you know in India) and just observe how they go about their day to day life. You'll come away a different person!