1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Dharamshala travel

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by edna1204, Nov 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. edna1204

edna1204 New Member

Hi All

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding a visit to Dharamshala in December. I will travel there from Delhi by bus and I am looking forward to stay there for 2 weeks.

First, I am looking for a budget guest house with a lawn where I can sit in day hours to read some books and to enjoy views of mountains.

Second, I want to go for some activities too, like trekking, hiking or Paragliding (if available), I have seen trekking companies offer packages for adventure activities, but I do not want to do all or say I want a custom package. Does anyone know of any trekking company, which can offer custom packages, any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You will be better of at some village near by. Find something on Airbnb with a view and it would also work out a lot cheaper that way. Make sure it is not too far from the town if you need provisions.

You don't need a company for trekking, just speak to locals when you get there and find a porter who will also act as a guide.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi to you as well and welcome to the forum!

Here's a few budget accommodations that are found in Dharamshala:

• Hotel Misty Woods. It doesn't have a lawn per se but most of its rooms offer stunning views of the mountains. You can opt to read your books in the room or the balcony and enjoy the sceneries as well. Price of the rooms starts at Rs 608.
    • Hotel Gandhi's Paradise. Their rooms also has balconies offering views of the mountains. The price is a little higher though at Rs 1,300.
    • Silver Moon House. They also offer views of the mountain and valleys. Aside from that, there's a laundry service and tour service if you want to avail of these services. Prices of the room vary but start at Rs 382.
    You can always ask the hotel you're staying to for these tours. Most likely, they offer such treks, hikes and paragliding tours. Otherwise, here are some companies that offer customer packages:
    • Akash Adventures
    • Dharamsala Treks
    • Summit Adventures
    I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!