1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaishno Devi helicopter charges

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Latika, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Latika

Latika New Member

I would like to find out what the Vaishno Devi helicopter charges are? I have tried searching online but have been unable to get any clear information.

I would be taking my mother who is a senior citizen with me, and I would like to find out the prices for a one-way ride and a return ride.

Do charges differ according to the time of year you visit?

2. djtravels

djtravels Member

The charges per head would come to about 2200 bucks.

The exact number is 1170 per person per side OR 2340 per person total.

Book online or at the counter in Katra. Do not buy a heli ticket from any travel agent. Be at the helipad 1 hour before the scheduled departure - its half an hour away from. Don't argue with any military or security guy (just take the hint). Also, now that winter is coming, weather is also a factor since those choppers don't fly during bad weather.

3. vkar

vkar Member

As per their website, the rate is Rs.1170/- per person one way. Children below 2 years of age will be carried free of cost (shall be carried in the lap of the accompanying adult).

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Latika! Welcome to the forum!

The charges or fares for the helicopter ride from Katra to Sanjichhat or vice versa are fixed all-year round. There was a time that the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board lowered the rates, but that was a few years ago, in 2011. For the time being, rates are fixed, regardless of whether you book your tickets early or not. Of course, the earlier you book, the better as you'd be able to reserve seats instead of lining up in the counter station at Katra itself. There is an online booking facility, right on the official website of the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.

Here are the charges for the helicopter ride from Katra to Sanjichhat, Sanjichhat to Katra and for both:

Vaishno Devi Helicopter Charges

One-way fare from Katra to Sanjichhat or from Sanjichhat to KatraRs. 1,170 per passenger (Fare is at Rs. 1,039 and service tax is at Rs. 131)
    Two-way fare from Katra to Sanjichhat and back to KatraRs. 2,340 per passenger (Fare is at Rs. 2,078 and service tax is at Rs. 262)
    I do suggest booking online as it's more convenient. Here are the procedures that you need to follow to book a helicopter ride from Katra to Sanjichhat or vice versa online:

How to Book Helicopter Tickets for Vaishno Devi Online

1. Go to the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board website and click on Online Services. Tick the box stating that you have read and agreed to all the terms and conditions posted. Make sure you read them beforehand though and that you do agree to the listed statements.

2. Now, click on the New User and Sign Up button. Create your account on the website and take note of your username and password. Close all the links and browser. Then, open up a new browser and go to the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board website again. This time, log in with your account details.

3. Click on Helicopter Services and input all the necessary information. Include the names of all the passengers as well. Once done, click on the Payment Gateway and select which bank is appropriate for you. Make the necessary payments and click on Yes.

4. Your booking would then be complete and you can print the confirmation page. Bring this on the schedule of your Vaishno Devi yatra. In addition, you also need to bring the credit card or debit card used for booking the ticket.

You can also book a helicopter ticket through the booking counter in Katra. However, make sure you have your yatra slip beforehand, train or bus tickets proofs and ID proofs for all members of the family. Children below two years old are free of charge, provided that they sit on the lap of their guardian. Make sure you bring a valid proof of age of the child though so there would be no misunderstandings.

I hope this helps you!:)

P.S.

With a helicopter ride, your journey is just 8 minutes short for a one-way ride. From the Sanjicchat Helipad to the Vaishno Devi Bhawan, the time it takes to reach the latter would be about 40 minutes to 1 hour by walking. Good luck and have a meaningful yatra!