1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volunteer with elephants?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PrincessTigerLily, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Has anyone done the program to volunteer with elephants in Amber Fort? It costs $180 a week (you are paying for "project fees") but you get to stay with a local Indian family during that time and they provide you with three meals a day.

When you work with the elephants, apparently you do so for 3 or 4 hours a day, and you will do anything from feeding them to giving them a bath. It sounds like hard work, but also a lot of fun.

I think that this would be a neat experience because I love animals, but also I love the idea of getting to stay with a host family for a week. The accommodation and meals alone are well worth the $180 project fee.

Has anyone done it?

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Love and enthusiasm for animals are the prerequisites to take on this project. I have not done it but have heard a lot about it. Foreigners are more interested than us Indians I notice.
    It will be a great experience for you with the kind of hospitality Indians are known for. Do take it up and give us your report.