1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Lakshadweep in July

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Naira, May 20, 2016.

1. Naira

Naira New Member

I am planning a July holiday and have chosen the destination to be Lakshadweep. I am from Bangalore and during July there is quite a bit of humidity, and I was wondering whether it would be the same case for the weather in Lakshadweep in July?

It would be the worst thing if we had to face humidity while in Lakshadweep.

It is not necessary that I have to go in July, I can also postpone my holiday to a time when it is suitable weather wise. I would like to go to the Lakshadweep during a time when the weather is pleasant, and there are no rains, or it is too hot, so please suggest accordingly.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Weather in July is not the best at Lakshadweep. You will see high 20's with extremely high levels of humidity and frequent rains. Not the best time to go to Lakshadweep islands.

Middle of November through to beginning of March is a good time to visit Lakshadweep islands.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Naira! Welcome to the forum!

Like what has been said, July is not the best time to visit Lakshadweep. Temperatures during this time range between 27°C to 29°C. Humidity is about 90%. Probability of rain is about 46% to 51% at times. It can get particularly cloudy during July with rain showers. The sun still comes out but if the rain is strong, you won't be able to enjoy the beaches or transfer from one island to another.

There are three seasons in Lakshadweep. Let us classify them and identify their differences:
    • Summer season which is from March to May - Summer temperature ranges from 22°C to 33°C. You can enjoy Lakshadweep during the early summer month of March. During this month, you can work on your tan and enjoy the sunshine.
    • Monsoon season which is from June to September - Monsoon season starts to set in by June. Although the temperature decreases, an onset of humidity also hits the region. Aside from that, the region receives moderate rainfall. Many of the water activities might also be closed during this time. It's not usually the best time to visit the region during the monsoon.
    • Winter season which is from October to February - This is the peak tourist season as the cooler climate sets in the region. The cool weather allows for plenty of walking and doing water activities. All shacks and hotels are open during this time as well. Make sure that you book in advance because of the influx of tourists during this time. Temperature ranges between 20°C to 30°C. The coldest months being December and February.
    So you have two options for the best time to visit Lakshadweep: either on March or from October to February. It isn't too hot during these months in the region. Since these months are post-monsoon season, rains will be rare as well. You can enjoy the islands during these months.

I hope this helps!