1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darjeeling In July

Discussion in 'West Bengal' started by Jaggi, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Jaggi

Jaggi New Member

I would like to take my family to Darjeeling in the month of July, but I am not too sure whether it is a good time to go or not.

I have heard that the rainy season in Darjeeling is not so pleasant and you can not do much when there's rain, so please advice whether Darjeeling in July is a good idea or not.

2. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

Visiting Darjeeling during the month of July is not really recommended. It would be cloudy, high chances of heavy rainfall and to sum it up not really pleasant weather, so sightseeing is not something you would be able to do. But I do know that there are some people who love the rains and still visit places during the monsoon season, so that's entirely a different choice if you wish that.

If you would like suggestions on when to visit I would say from April to June when the summer season starts or in September, that's when the rains stop but the greenery still remains.

3. Karan

Karan Member

Darjeeling in July is a great time to visit. The weather is pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 15 to 25 degrees Celsius. There is also a good amount of rainfall, which makes the hills lush and green.

Here are some of the things you can do in Darjeeling in July:

• Visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute: This institute was founded in 1954 by the Indian government to train mountaineers. It is located in Darjeeling and offers a variety of courses, including basic and advanced mountaineering, rock climbing, and skiing.
    • Go for a walk or hike in the hills: There are many beautiful trails in Darjeeling that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Some of the most popular trails include the Goethals Loop, the Tiger Hill Trail, and the David's Seat Trail.
    • Visit the Darjeeling Botanical Garden: This garden was founded in 1878 and is home to a variety of plants, including rhododendrons, orchids, and ferns.
    • Take a ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is a narrow-gauge railway that was built in the early 1900s. It is a great way to see the surrounding countryside and get a taste of colonial-era Darjeeling.