1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Kerala India in July

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by Louis, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Louis

Louis New Member

I will be in India in the month of July and will be staying in Kerala for two weeks. I have some idea of the weather but not the exact. I am aware of the monsoons starting but need to know more about how the atmosphere will be like.

I would like to know what the weather in Kerala would be like in July?

Does the weather in July bring in a lot of insects and flies?

What kind of clothes should I bring along?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Louis and welcome to the forum!

Monsoon season in Kerala is two-parts: the Southwest monsoon during June (can continue until July) and the Northeast monsoon during mid-October. Luckily, rains in Kerala are different. It can rain for a few days but there's always sunshine in between.

During rainy season, there is an abundance of insects like mosquitoes and flies. It's better to dress in long-sleeved shirts and long pants to protect yourself. You can also purchase insect-repellant sprays at local stores to help prevent being infected by these insects.

Like I've said, bring long sleeved shirts and jackets so you can protect yourself against the cold and insects. Socks are a must as well if you plan on traversing forests and hill stations. Long pants and even skinny jeans are great especially since they can protect your legs from bites. Hooded jackets can be great as well so in case it rains, at least you can protect your head. Water-resistant jackets are good options as well. Bonnets and caps can help too.

I hope this helps!