1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Sikkim in February

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by Suresh, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Suresh

Suresh New Member

My forthcoming trip to Sikkim has been postponed, and I will have to change the date for my bookings, now if I don't, I would end up losing my money for the bookings I made, so I thought it is better to reschedule the dates instead.

The available time I have to go to Sikkim are now in February, which I don't have a problem with apart from the weather I don't have a clue what the weather will be like.

I need someone to tell me what the weather in Sikkim in February would be like, and if it is the suitable time for a holiday.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Suresh!

Actually, it is during November to February that the cold season starts in Sikkim. It even reaches 4 degrees Celsius during the months of January and February. If you can withstand cold weather, then it's a must to visit Sikkim during these months. Snowfall can be witnessed during these months, even up until February and March.

So you don't really need to worry much about your schedule. If you can visit Sikkim in February, do so. You can still have lots of fun despite the colder weather. Here's a few places you should definitely visit:

• Tsomgo Lake. It's 38 kms away from Gangtok and features migratory birds, flowers, horses and yaks.
    • Lachung. Visit the gompa, village and monastery.
    • Lachen. Gurudongmar Lake is quite beautiful in the winter.
    • Yumthang Valley. Also comes alive during the winter, with snowcapped views of the mountains.
    These are just a few of the many places you can visit in Sikkim. During February, these destinations look amazing and come alive. So it's a great idea to visit them during your trip!

I hope this helps and have a fun trip!