1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golden triangle tour in February

Discussion in 'North India' started by alyssa78, Jan 12, 2015.

1. alyssa78

alyssa78 New Member

My husband and I feel very honored and lucky to be visiting India for the first time, we are arriving in the first week of Feb. Our plan is to start from Golden Triangle tour, the conflict here is: whether to book everything in advance or do it at the last moment after reaching the city? I have seen previous recommendations and got to know it’s always better to reach the city and find a good place for a reasonable price or allow the driver to find a place, but I am not sure how realistic this is. We want to stay in mid-range hotels (not budget or backpacker hotels) so it will be great if you can suggest some good names with estimate cost.
    We want to spend 2 nights in Delhi, 2 nights in Agra, 2 nights in Jaipur and after that will fly to Goa.
    Any help will be appreciated,

Best regards,
    Alyssa

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Yes, it’s always good to reach the city and find a good place at a reasonable price and as you are talking about mid range you in Delhi you can go to the Karol Bagh area in Central Delhi and Greater Kailash in South Delhi, both the places are full of mid-range hotels.
    In Agra you can prefer going to Taj Ganj, personally I prefer staying in Fatehpur Sikri because it's less crowded and offers good value for money.
    In Jaipur I prefer staying in Hotel Glitz which is in Brahampuri, it’s not very far from Amer fort.