1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Trip To Manali

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by HIraeth, Oct 25, 2015.

1. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

I'm planning a weekend trip to Manali from Delhi in the month of December. I'm a student so my budget is limited. Can someone tell me the best way to travel, where to stay and the places to see? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a nice getaway for a couple of days with my boyfriend. Also, are there any restrictions as to a guy and girl staying together?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Manali is simply beautiful. I went to the area in the winter of 2010. It was superb, there are plenty of great attractions there, the Hidimba Devi temple is serene and beautiful and the Rohtang Pass is desolate and a stunning natural landscape. There are so many options there, what sort of activities were you planning to take part in, sightseeing, or physical activities ? There are plenty of ski-ing, parachute jumping and other more physical pursuits you can take part it when you go there.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I would recommend the following places:

1. Rohla Falls. The scenic view is amazing plus it's a good picnic spot for lovers.
    2. Vashisht. This is the place to be for hot springs, there are springs for men and women separately.
    3. Arjun Gufa. A legendary cave near Prini.
    4. Kothi. Famous spot for movies and said to be a resting place for writers, poets and such. A quiet and beautiful scenery awaits you here.
    5. Nehru Kund. Cold spring clean water said to be coming from Bhrigu Lake.

Best way to travel: There are buses that directly go to Manali from Delhi.

Where to stay: Woodcock Hotel, Silmog Garden or Sarthak Resorts.

I hope this helps!

4. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

I can't stop myself from mentioning this - my name is Manali and I've been dying to go to this place for years now. Lol.
    I've heard that the scenic beauty of Manali is stunning, and Rogtang Pass is definitely one of the places on my must-visit list. Do you have any idea about the expenses that these sports and activities will incur? My budget is really around $200 or Rs.12000, including travel, lodging and meals. I would love to hire a car from Delhi to Manali, I've heard the road is breathtaking, but that alone will eat up half my account. Good thing is I still have about a month to plan and save up some more if I can. I'm looking forward to planning this out as carefully and completely as possible so that we don't miss out on anything because of money. The adventure sports you speak of will be an amazing experience for both of us. I must look up the prices and check if we pack it in!

5. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

Thank you so much for the near impeccable itinerary! I didn't know of most of the places you mentioned. I will have to look each one of them up. The springs sound like an excellent idea for a couple, I hope they aren't overcrowded with tourists though. The hotels, though, I'm not too sure will fit into my budget. I don't mind staying in a cheaper place, a resort will be way out of my means as of now. I'll ask around for motels or inns in the place. I'm sure there will be plenty. Let's see! You've given me a heads up on a lot of places I wouldn't even have considered had I not posted here! So thanks once again.