1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which beach to visit in India?

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Harshit, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Harshit

Harshit New Member

My question may be a bit broad, but seriously that is all I need to know first, which beach to visit in India. I live in Delhi so all the beaches are far away from where I live, so destination does not matter apart from the fact that it should be a beach and a good beach resort.
    I would like the beach resort to be one which is not so crowded or dirty, also where some water sports are performed. Other requirements are that there should be some local attractions nearby to see.

Thank you in advance forum members.

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

If you want some virgin beaches then go to either Andaman Nicobar or the Lakshdweep. Goa is more of a run of the mill destination but would be a lot more fun if you are into partying.

3. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

Yes Andamans is the best. You can also try triuvandrum, provided you stay at Varkala, But the water is too rough.

Harshit and DhongiBaba like this.
  4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Lakshadweep is one place where you would feel that you have the whole island to yourself if you go there in off season but even otherwise that's where one should go if they don't want to see many people on the beach.

Kerala has some very beautiful and neat beaches and not to forget the backwaters. These are two things that make Kerala Unique. Do a little research on Kerala and you wont be disappointed. I wont write the names here because those places are best kept secret. I don't want those places to get commercialized and spoilt like other famous beaches.

BadBoy likes this.
  5. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

Lakshyadweep has too much restrictions and permit issues. Andaman is better that way.

DhongiBaba likes this.
  6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Last I know Lakshadweep entry was stopped due to some court case between a few hotels and the government. I am not aware if the ban was ever lifted. Andaman is far better but it is a mission to get there so staying on the main land is a good option for those with a limited budget and time.

DhongiBaba likes this.
  7. Devina

Devina New Member

Please can you elaborate on what you mean by virgin beaches?

8. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Those beaches where not many people have been, beaches which are yet to be destroyed by commercialization.

Somu likes this.
  9. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

10. Somu

Somu New Member

Just to make it easier to you have any particular place in mind?

11. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

Well to make your life a bit easier, which part of India do you want to visit? North or West where the best beaches are, which can help you decide your preferred location.
    As a personal opinion I think that you should go Goa, it is a place not only popular within India but outside India too, and I think that every traveller should at least visit Goa once in their lifetime. Like you mentioned that you would prefer a resort and where you can do some water sports in that way Goa is an ideal place.

12. Harshit

Harshit New Member

Which would you recommend out of the two?

I don't have any place in particular which is why my question was very broad.

13. Sunny

Sunny New Member

The two places I would suggest to go for a beach holiday are either Candolim, Calangute (in Goa) or Kashid beach (in Maharashtra).

14. Chigs

Chigs New Member

I would have said the best beaches in India are in Goa, but just read the latest thread by Debapriya Deb about the off beat beaches in South India, my mind has changed about Goa having the best beaches and I think by far the South of India has the best beaches, where I think very few people visit when it comes to a beach holiday.

15. HemantModi

HemantModi New Member

Visit beaches in Karnataka or Tamil Nadu, they are simple amazing and beautiful. I myself didnt think that beaches in India would be so beautiful but after reading the travelogue about exploring coastal Karnataka, I now have a different prospective. Kudos to the writer...:)

16. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

If you have a taste for Yoga and ayurvedic tourism, my recommendation would be for Kovalam Beach in Kerala. It is a very beautiful beach which offers too many options like catamaran cruising, herbal body toning massages, sunbathing, swimming etc.It is a very lively beach especially in the evening hours. You can find a number of budget cottages, Ayurveda health resorts, yoga & ayurvedic massage centers nearby. It is only 16 km from Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station and 10 km away from Trivandrum International Airport.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think finding the perfect beach can be tricky as different people all seem to like different areas, and different types of views and scenery. With the amount of beaches that have been mentioned so far in this thread, I'm sure that people will be able to find at least one that they'd love to go to.

18. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

ha..ha... you are right. There are too many options and one may easily get confused. But based on individual tastes it will not be difficult to take a final call. Some beaches are very busy and full of life with night parties. People who like that kind of lifestyle can choose those beaches. But if you are looking for a calm, serene beach there are too many options. There are so many secluded beaches too if you want some privacy.

I think if you are keen to visit beautiful beaches , Goa is the best. Moreover, you can see too many of them in close proximity.

pwarbi likes this.
  19. MichelleVL

MichelleVL New Member

Hi Harshit! Some great beach resorts that I would recommend would be the Seashell Havelock, the Silver Sand Havelock and Barefoot at Havelock all located in Havelock Island. I believe the beach where Seashell Havelock and Silver Sand Havelock are located is Nagar Beach, if I'm not mistaken. Barefoot at Havelock is located in Radhanagar beach. These hotels are all on the beach, are very peaceful and are great if your going with the family, a romantic getaway, or just trying to relax. Have a great trip!

20. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Since you love water sports and activities, I would recommend Baga Beach. It is one of the most popular beaches in North Goa and you will find everything here from water sports, to night life and fine dining. It is located 9 kilometers (6 miles) from Mapusa and 16 kilometers (10 miles) from Panaji, the state capital.

Water Sports. You can go parasailing, wake boarding, windsurfing, kite surfing or even ride a jet ski.

Other Activities. Dolphin spotting is also popular here. There are also bazaars that sell lots of things during night time.

Night Life. Baga is best known for its night parties. There's Tito's Lane and Cape Town Cafe for partying. There is also a Sports Cafe and Cavala which offers retro music.

I hope this helps!

21. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While we're on the subject of beaches I just wanted to ask what sort of beach rules and etiquette are there in India? I'm assuming it's not as relaxed as it is in other European countries for example?