1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Holiday In North India With Family

Discussion in 'North India' started by Barkha99, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Barkha99

Barkha99 New Member

I want to go away some place in North India for a holiday with my family and am quite confused to which place would be suitable. I know it is the winter season and I think it is the best time for some places as in the summer it gets too hot. The Himachal Pradesh region would be very cold so I don't know whether it would be an appropriate destination for a holiday although it is a destination which I would like to consider.
    Rajasthan is another option but I am actually waiting for the yearly festival which they have in February or March, so I need to get more information about that too.
    My family consists of my younger brother and sister and my parents, we intend to have a 1-week duration stay.

2. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin New Member

Its being quite a time I have been living in Delhi. Recently got a chance to visit a perfect place for one day trip from Delhi. It was my first experience as I usually go for destination in Delhi only. The location was Neemrana Fort Palace and when I reach there, the fort looked tremendous and got to known that it is the India,s first heritage hotel. Luckily got a chance to put my hand into adventure sports there. Some Zip lining activities were going on there at that time. So, I inquired about it. Come to know that some Flying Fox company is conducting zip lining activities there. So had a wonderful experience there. After the zip-tour, had a dinner at Neemrana hotel. The food was having famous Rajasthani cuisine. I Think that Neemrana fort is the best one day out from Delhi.

3. Salman

Salman New Member

The Golden Triangle consisting of Delhi, Jaipur and Agra is very popular with tourists at this time of the year. The weather is pleasant and definitely not hot. There are plenty of attractions to visit so you will be quite busy sightseeing during your trip.

4. swalia

swalia Guest

It's very cold in North India during Winters. But you can consider planning a trip to Rajasthan. Though it's a desert but even Rajasthan is very cold at night during winters. Days are somewhat better. Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer are some of the prominent cities of Rajasthan which are famous for their historical forts and palaces.

5. Andrew

Andrew New Member

This sounds exciting because we will be in Delhi for 1 week. I think we can arrange to visit The Golden Triangle during our stay. I wouldn’t want to miss seeing this.