1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Nigerian Plan To Visit India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by samfad55, Apr 1, 2016.

1. samfad55

samfad55 New Member

Hello everyone, i just joined this forum today I'm a Nigerian who plans to visit India very soon. I would like to get to meet indians here who could tell me the do's and don'ts for a foreigner who would like to visit india.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are are some tips I can give you:
    • When you're introduced to a girl, don't shake her hand unless she initiates it, that's the custom in India.
    • Don't trust strangers so much in India especially when it comes to money matters. This one's a basic even for other countries.
    • Don't eat so much street foods because your digestive system might not be accustomed to it.
    • Do bring your own bottled water or buy only from reputable stores.
    • Do ask your hotel for pre-booked taxis or car services when you're going out in the dark.
    • Don't enter a temple with your shoes on and make sure you're dressed appropriately for the place.
    • Always ask if it's okay to take pictures or take a look around for signages that say so.
    That's about it. I'm sure others can share more about this topic. Good luck and happy travelling!