1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accommodation in Golden Temple or outside

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Rimjim, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Rimjim

Rimjim New Member

I am going Amritsar to visit the Golden Temple (Gurudwara) and other attractions near by such as the Jallianwala Bagh. At first I was thinking of staying in a hotel in the city, but I have heard that there is also accommodation in the Gurudwara it self. Can someone please give information about the accommodation in the Gurudwara to what it is like, the charges and suggest whether I should stay in the Gurudwara accommodation or outside in a hotel?

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

The accommodation that is provided by the Gurdwara is free of cost. If you are very religious then go for it by all means but if you like to have a drink or two in the evenings then find a hotel outside. Gurdwara's rooms are not bad atall but I would personally go for a hotel instead purely because I can pay. It depends on individual circumstances and preferences.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Although I have not stayed inside the Gurdwara but I saw it once and it is very basic. If you have the money then go for a hotel near by. Gurdwara provides free accommodation from what I have been told.

4. Prits

Prits Member

It would all depend on the type of room you get outside the Gurudwara, if you are looking for something posh then I would suggest a hotel, if you would go for something basic then you can stay in the Gurudwara accommodation.
    In the Gurudwara there are two types of accommodation, one which you can share in a hall or a room with a double bed. You can stay in the Gurudwara accommodation for one day if you like it continue staying there if not then get accommodation outside.

5. Rimjim

Rimjim New Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. If I was to stay in a hotel it would be a basic hotel nothing too flash, so I think I may stay in the Gurudwara accommodation, it would also be a god experience. I may get accommodation in a hotel after a day or two staying in the Gurudwara.

6. Deven

Deven Member

Experience wise I would suggest that you stay at the Gurudwara as well as a hotel. By staying the gurudwara you will also easily be able to pay your respects when the prayers start early in the morning and also at night, both times of the day are different and will give you a lot of peace.

7. PatelJigar

PatelJigar New Member

The accommodation inside the Golden Temple it not so bad, I went to Amritsar for my friends wedding and while there visited the gurudwara and was surprised to see how well maintained the rooms are. there are different types of rooms you can choose from and you should consider staying there. Stay there for a day or two if you don't like it then stay outside, it is not like you have to pay advance money which you wont get back.

8. Anurag

Anurag Member

Accommodation in Gurudwara's is simple but in some gurudwara's the basic things like AC are available, so it is not so bad staying inside the Golden Temple premises.