1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timings For Golden Temple Amritsar

Discussion in 'North India' started by JaiPatra, Aug 8, 2015.

1. JaiPatra

JaiPatra New Member

I have a short stay in Amritsar from Sunday night till Monday afternoon. I wont be able to see or do much but one place I dont want to miss is visiting the Golden Temple. I need to know what opening and closing time is for the gurudwara, so I can plan the rest of things accordingly or at least know what times I can visit whenever I will have time when I reach Amritsar.

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

The gurudwara is open 24 hours but the actual place where you go pay your respects, (where the Guru Granth Sahib is kept and kirtan takes place) that is closed at night and opens early morning at 4.30am. Timings change according to season.

Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk

3. Deven

Deven Member

The time at which you are able to pay your respects at the Harimandir Sahib (main Gurdwara) is from 5 am to 9.45pm.

There is an early morning procession where they bring the Guru Granth Sahib from the Akal Takhat Sahib to the Harimandir Sahib starts at 4.30am. At night the departure of the Guru Granth Sahib from Harimandir Sahib to the Akal Takhat is done at 10 pm.

The main Golden Temple otherwise is open 24 hours, where you can pay your respects at the other parts of the Gurdwara wheGuruhe GUru Granth Sahib is placed, the langar hall is also open 24 hours.

If you do have some time I would suggest you visiting in the early morning to see the procession as it is worth watching.