1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Attractions In Islamabad?

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Rocky, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Rocky

Rocky New Member

I haven't heard many people talk about Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. I know that it is the headquarters of the Pakistan army and the government as well. But other than its political credentials are there any places worth visiting in Islamabad?

2. Deven

Deven Member

There is plenty to see and do in Islamabad, and I below I have provided you with a list of the attractions in Islamabad with some brief information about the place as well.

• Lok Virsa Museum - Lok Virsa Museum is a museum which showcases the culture and heritage of Pakistan. You can see he different from the way of living, music, way of living etc.
    • Pakistan Monument - The Pakistan Monument is basically a monument which represents Pakistan. It has four petals each representing the provinces in Pakistan.
    • Faisal Mosque - Faisal Mosque is the largest mosque in Pakistan is more known for its beautiful architectural design.
    • Rawal Lake - Rawal Lake is an artificial lake but is very popular with those wanting to spend some time with family and friends. You can do paddle boating on the lake and enjoy the beautiful views.
    • Margalla Hills - This is a mountain range and you can either drive up or trek your way up and see the picturesque view of Islamabad.