1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attractions in Mount Abu

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by ShaileshPatel, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ShaileshPatel

ShaileshPatel New Member

As per my previous post you may be aware that I will be in Mount Abu, I know about Dilwara temples and Nakki Lake, and would like to know of the other attractions in Mount Abu which are worth seeing. I wont be going to Mount Abu in the near future so would like to make most of the trip.

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

Sunset point is a must see place especially with a loved one! Also pay a visit to Guru Shikhar where you see the wonderful views of the hill station.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

My trip to Mount Abu lasted only 4 hours and we came down to Idar after that. We went for boating at the lake and then a few beers at a bar that was on the main approach road towards Mount Abu where all the hotels are lined up. My visit was in April end a few years ago and I didn't find it all that interesting.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

Mount Abu is considered as the only hill station in Rajasthan. It is located near the Sirohi District and lies in the Aravalli Range around 1,220 meters above sea level. Tourists love the cooler climate in Mount Abu. Here's a few of the best attractions in Mount Abu:

Around Mount Abu
    • Dilwara Jain Temples. You can reach this easily as it's only 2.5 kms from Mount Abu. These temples were built during the 11th and 13th Century. The material used in the temple is marble and it has ornamental carvings, which make it one of the most beautiful temples in the world. There are five temples in the Dilwara Complex namely: Vimal Vasahi, Luna Vasahi, Pithalhar, Parshvanath and Mahavir Swami.
    • Wildlife Sanctuary. This one's located in the Aravalli Range, where you can see lots of flora and fauna. If you're quite lucky, you can also spot a Leopard in here. Other species of animals found here are Jackals, Hyenas and Indian Foxes. Although there's lots of birds to be seen in here, the Grey Jungle Fowl is the rarest one.
    • Guru Shikar. This is considered the highest point in Mount Abu and the Guru Dattatreya Temple is also found here. The views from the peak is amazing as well.
    • Trevor's Crocodile Park. This is about 5 kms from Mount Abu. Aside from Crocodiles, there's also the Black Bear and other species of birds. The place is actually serene and tranquil despite it being a breeding place for Crocodiles.
    • Nakki Lake. You can spot the Gandhi Ghat here as this is where Gandhi's ashes were immersed. The scenery given by this lake is quite relaxing and many tourists go here to have a picnic or just bask around the lake.
    • Toad Rock. Opposite the Nakki Lake, you'll find this frog-shaped stone. You can climb it, take pictures of it or just have a picnic beside it.
    • Achalgarh Fort. Originally built by the Paramara Dynasty rulers, the fort was then restored by Maharana Kumbha, a ruler of the Mewar Dynasty. It can be found 11 kms North of Mount Abu.
    • Achaleshwar Mahadeva Temple. A temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, very near to the Achalgarh Fort.
    • Peace Park. Just between Guru Shikhar and Achalgarh, you'll find the Peace Park. There are different sections in the park: an orchid corner, a rock garden and floral displays.
    • Sunset Point. As the name suggests, this offers amazing views of the sunset. You can have a picnic in here as well as food stalls are available in it.
    Near Mount Abu
    • Abu Road. You can find several temples in here as well as the Banas River. There are also authentic Indian bazaars here where you can find souvenirs to take home. This is about 30 kms away from Mount Abu.
    I hope this helps!

DhongiBaba likes this.