1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashrams in Kerala

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by solosoul, Dec 8, 2014.

1. solosoul

solosoul New Member

I am traveling from Rishikesh to Kerala in 2 weeks and here I am living in an ashram for yoga and meditation purpose. I would like to stay in an Ashram in Kerala too, where I can practice yoga and meditation with several other Ayurvedic treatments. My problem is that the management in this ashram is unable to suggest me any good ashram in Kerala as they do not have any ashram in South India. Now I am on my own to find a suitable ashram in Kerala, can somebody help me to locate and find an ashram in South India?

2. Bholae Nath

Bholae Nath New Member

If you are looking for Yoga and meditation course, then Sivananda Ashram in Trivandrum is best fit for you, they will charge you just INR. 50 for the course and the rest is up to you, if you want to donate then you can, otherwise there is no compulsion to donate and nobody will even ask you to donate anything. I was there in the year 2007 for 3 months and I have no complaints at all.

If you want Ayurveda too then please contact help desk of Sivananda and I am sure they can help you with that too. Please write back if you need any more details.