1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoking In Kerala

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by Rishi23, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Rishi23

Rishi23 New Member

I am soon going to Kerala for a holiday and some time ago I have heard that smoking in public places is not allowed. I am a smoker so I would like to know whether smoking in Kerala is allowed or not?

If smoking in Kerala is banned is it just in public places?

2. Karan

Karan Member

Smoking in public places is forbidden, so try avoiding smoking outside. However, if your hotel allows you can smoke in your hotel room

3. Deven

Deven Member

To my knowledge, smoking is allowed in Kerala, India, but there are regulations and restrictions in place to limit smoking in public places and to protect non-smokers from exposure to secondhand smoke. Kerala, like many other states in India, has implemented the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA) to regulate the sale, use, and advertisement of tobacco products.

Here are some key points regarding smoking regulations in Kerala:

1. Designated Smoking Areas: Smoking is not allowed in most public places, including restaurants, bars, hotels, educational institutions, and government offices. However, many establishments may have designated smoking areas where smoking is permitted, so make sure to find out from the staff if they have a designated area for smokers.

2. No Smoking Signs: You will often see "No Smoking" signs in public places, and it is essential to abide by these rules.
    Please note that smoking regulations and policies can change over time. It's advisable to check for any updates or changes in the smoking laws and regulations in Kerala, especially if you are planning to visit.