1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ayurveda clinics in India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Maysa, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Maysa

Maysa New Member

Namaste,

I am 32 years old massage therapist from Yemen, and I have heard a lot about Ayurveda and yoga so now I am considering learning Ayurveda massage and healing therapy. I am just wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with Ayurveda schools or learning centers in India. Any info would be great. I am planning to move in winters.

Thanks,
    Maysa

2. Prits

Prits Member

Where do you intend to stay in India when you move or would it be according to the locations which have ayurveda schools?

3. Raja Krishnan

Raja Krishnan New Member

There are lots of schools on ayurvedic massage & healing therapy. Kerala will be an the best place. Its better to approach some of those old traditional ayurvedic houses for a better understanding of the process of healing than learn it from a school which gives you a certificate for a short term courses.

4. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

There are a number of organizations which imparts trainingin Ayurveda. Most of them are located in Kerala, which we can call the hub of Ayurveda. I know an organization called The School of Ayurveda and Panchakarma at Kannur in Kerala, specialized in teaching foreign students. You can google out their details on net.

Another one is Kerala Ayurveda Academy in Aluva, Kerala. They offer classroom programs in California and Washington too. Both are good and very old training centers.

ChaiNashta likes this.
  5. Selvie

Selvie New Member

This is a very good decision and career choice. More and more people are everyday seeking a natural healing solution and ayurveda is an age old remedy that brings balance and harmony to the body allowing it to heal itself.

Massage is a wonderful way to give love and healing because the power of being touched by another human being is so therapeutic. I personally believe that if a person had regular massages they would prevent many health problems and would even delay the aging process. You will find many good schools and teachers on google search. Good luck.