1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knee pain treatment in Ayurveda

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by ShellyDhillon, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ShellyDhillon

ShellyDhillon New Member

My mother has a knee problem and 80% of the time she suffers from knee pain. I have heard that Ayurveda in India is very useful for many health and body problems. I am willing to bring my mother to India to get some knee pain treatment in Ayurveda as it has been too long since she has been suffering.

I need some advice but only from those who know about Ayurveda.

I would like to know how effective Ayurveda is for knee pain, and how long you would recommend us staying in India to get the treatment done.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

A lot of people use Shallaki or more commonly known as Cissus. There is also a tablet called Hadjod from Himalaya pharmaceuticals that lot of people use for similar problems. I work out with heavy weights and I use MSM + glucosamine tablets to keep my joints in good shape and it works better than everything else I have ever used.

In my view, it is best to consult an allopathic doctor as opposed to ayurvedic but if you do want to see an ayurvedic doctor it would be best to get some scans and X-rays done to help diagnose what the problem is. There is a doctor "Triguna vaid" near Nizammudin railway station in Delhi who has a good reputation. I have no idea how long the treatment would last.