1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to have Hyderabadi Biryani

Discussion in 'South India' started by Dolly, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Dolly

Dolly New Member

I have a stop over for two days in Hyderabad next week. I am a big food lover and know that Hyderabad is famous for its biryani. This trip to Hyderabad will most probably be my only trip there and I want to get the best biryani there.
    So guys please give me details of the place which sells the best biryani as well as other specialties of Hyderabad.

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Paradise restaurant on MG Road in Secundrabad is famous for its biryani. They have plenty of other dishes too. There is also this Shadaab hotel near Charminar where biryani is just out of this world. I find Shadaab to be much better then Paradise although Paradise serves mostly traditional recipe but Shadaab guys have been experimenting and prepare according to modern taste.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hyderabad house is also famous for their biryanis and there are lots of them spread all across the city.

4. Prits

Prits Member

To have a taste of the best biryani make sure you visit the following places:

Hyderabad House
    Paradise
    Sohail's Biryani
    Hotel Shadaab and
    Bawarchi

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Dolly! Welcome to the forum!

Here are some of the best restaurants in Hyderabad offering different varieties of biryani:
    • Bawarchi - This restaurant have North Indian cuisine, aside from their biryani dishes. Their best-seller is the chicken biryani, with its softness and just the right amount of spices. Their vegetable biryani is under rated but it's nice as well, it has a suffice amount of masala and has a spiciness to it. Here is their address: Beside Astoria Hotel, RTC Cross Road, Chikkadpally, Nallakunta, Hyderabad.
    • Cafe Bahar - This restaurant also has North Indian cuisine. The chicken biryani here isn't as spicy like other restaurants in Hyderabad. Aside from that, the serving is quite huge too. Also, try out their mutton biryani, egg biryani and chai samosa. Their address is: Old MLA Quarters, Hyderguda, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad.
    • Meridian Cafe and Restaurant - They have Mughlai, North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Try out their special chicken biryani or biryani hundi. Also, don't forget to buy an extra packet of mirchi ka salan to pair their biryani with, yum! Their address is: 6-3-697/1, Panjagutta Cross Road, Panjagutta, Hyderabad.
    • Shah Ghouse Cafe and Restaurant - They have North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Their chicken and mutton biryanis are crowd favourites. Both are topped with egg, has mildly spicy rice and soft pieces of chicken and mutton. Their mutton special curry is also another good dish. Their address is: Opposite SA Imperial Gardens, Near RTA Office, Tolichowki, Hyderabad.
    • Hotel Shadab - Don't let the ambience of the restaurant fool you, it might not be as posh as others but they do serve delicious biryanis. They have Mughlai, North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Try out their vegetable biryani, paneer curry and sheek kebab. Their address is: Plot 21, Opposite Madina Building, High Court Road, Ghansi Bazaar, Hyderabad.
    • Sarvi - They have Mughlai, Hyderabadi and North Indian cuisines. They are best known for their haleems but their biryanis are equally delicious. For kebab lovers, try out their chicken reshmi kebab. Their address is: Opposite Care Hospital, Road 11, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
    • Punjabi Affair - They mostly have North Indian dishes and biryani dishes. Aside from their mouth-watering biryanis, try out their chicken tikka and tandoori roti. Their address is: Opposite Krishe Sapphire Building, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
    • Shahi Dastarkhwan - They have Mughlai, North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Their chicken biryani is so soft that it melts in your mouth. Their chicken tikka kebab is also good. Their address is: Mustafa Apartment, Opposite Jamuna Ganga Hotel, Lakdikapul, Hyderabad.
    • Paradise - This restaurant has North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Their chicken biryani is very soft and has just enough spices. But do try out their chicken tandoori as well. Their address is: Ground Floor, Lingapur Building, Next to Almond House, Himayath Nagar, Hyderabad.
    • Tabla - They also have North Indian and Mughlai cuisines. If you're not a fan of spicy foods, try out their biryani here. Other worthy dishes to mention are: fish fingers, semiya payasam and mushroom baby corn in garlic sauce. Their address is: 1-7-1069, Raghavendra Priya Preeti Platinum, RTC X Roads, Nallakunta, Hyderabad.
    I hope this helps!

P.S.

I've included some of the other specialties of these restaurants as well. Good luck and enjoy eating!

ChaiNashta likes this.