1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Time To Visit Coorg

Discussion in 'South India' started by Wrangler, May 10, 2016.

1. Wrangler

Wrangler New Member

Coorg is one place that I would love to visit someday. Alongwith my friends, of-course - as there are a host of adventure activities that can be taken up on a trip to Coorg. Trekking, rafting, mountain climbing - I just could not stop dreaming about an awesome vacation in Coorg.

What's the typical weather in Coorg during June-July? Is it advisable to plan a trip during the summer time? If not, then what's the best time to visit Coorg? We would like to plan our visit during the season when it is condusive for adventure. Suggestions are welcome.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Coorg is an all-season destination. There is nothing to distinguish between peak-season and off-season. Tourists throng this place throughout the year. Weather is pleasant all the time, so you can plan your Coorg trip whenever you have 3-4 days to spare.

Summer season sees lots of casual visitors, while the winter is preferred by adventure seekers. Trekking/hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, microlite flying and camping are best done during the dry winter season.

River rafting is not possible in winters due to receding water level. Even monsoon is not the right time for rafting due to high water level and extreme current. The best time to enjoy rafting in Coorg is the post-monsoon season in August-September.

If you would like to catch Coorg at its all-green avatar, then plan for a trip in the monsoon season. The waterfalls and seasonal springs come alive during the rainy days. Make sure to carry your rain-gears if travelling during the monsoon time. The rain spells are usually short-lived, providing you enough time in-between to explore various places of interest.

adrklkol and Wrangler like this.

3. Abinaya Kannan

Abinaya Kannan New Member

The climate is fabulous all around the year. But October to March is the best time to visit Coorg

4. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

Anyone stayed at Honey Valley Estate at Coorg?