1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Time To Visit Wayanad?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by Kashni, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Kashni

Kashni New Member

I am organizing a surprise trip to Wayanad for my brother's birthday who would be going on the trip with my cousin.
    Before researching anything or making any bookings I need to find out what the best time to visit Wayanad is, he loves traveling and exploring places, so I have to make sure that the time he visits is suitable and the peak season to visit.

2. Karan

Karan Member

The best and most suitable time to visit Wayanad is from October to May. During this time of the year, the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing and doing a number of different activities like hiking, boating etc.

The months of April and May start getting quite hot, although it is pleasant but if your brother is someone who wouldn't like to be sightseeing in temperatures of 30c then avoid these months.

3. HarshM

HarshM New Member

The information you have about the best time to visit Wayanad for your brother's trip is right on point! Here's how you can expand on it to make the surprise even more special:

Building on the Best Time to Visit:

Since October to May is the sweet spot for Wayanad, let's delve deeper into this timeframe to find the perfect match for your brother's exploratory spirit:

• Peak Season Magic (October to February): This period boasts ideal weather (around 20°C to 24°C) for exploring Wayanad's natural wonders. Crystal-clear skies and lush greenery create a picture-perfect backdrop for hikes, treks, and sightseeing. However, expect larger crowds and potentially higher prices for accommodation and activities.
    • Shoulder Season Surprise (March): If your brother can handle slightly warmer temperatures (up to 30°C), March offers a fantastic option. The crowds start to thin out, potentially leading to better deals on travel and accommodation. This could be a good surprise if he enjoys a more relaxed, off-season vibe.
    Tailoring the Trip to His Interests:

To make the surprise even more delightful, consider your brother's specific interests:

• Wildlife Enthusiast: The cooler months (October to February) are ideal for spotting animals like tigers and elephants, as they venture out for water due to drier conditions.
    • Bird Watcher's Paradise: Winter (October to February) attracts a wider variety of migratory birds, making it a great time for bird lovers.
    • Festival Fun: Wayanad has vibrant festivals throughout the year. If your brother enjoys cultural experiences, you could plan the trip around a festival like Onam (harvest festival in August-September) or Vishu (Kerala New Year in April-May).
    Making the Final Decision:

By understanding your brother's travel style and preferences, you can make an informed choice:

• Peak Season Explorer: Opt for October to February for perfect weather and a wide range of activities.
    • Off-Season Adventurer: Consider March for potentially lower costs and a less crowded experience.
    • Festival Fanatic: Plan the trip around a specific festival that interests him.
    Bonus Tip: While researching, keep an eye out for any special events or activities happening in Wayanad during your chosen timeframe. This could add another layer of surprise and excitement to the trip!

By putting these details together, you can not only choose the ideal time for your brother's surprise trip but also personalize it to his interests, making it a truly unforgettable birthday celebration in the beautiful Wayanad!